An Unexpected, But Welcome, Ally(ies, Plural)

Warriors

The next day was spent on recovery.

Rebuilding, clearing the swamp, and taking care of injured soldiers.

It rained for a few hours, which helped denature the Malice still on the battlefield, making it much easier to mop it up.

There were some rooms in the fort that were stable enough to stay in, but we preferred to sleep under the stars. Only some constellations resembled mine.

One day, when I was helping rebuild, I noticed Destiny, Impa, and Cal on top of the wall. The sun had just barrel started above the distant mountains.

"Everyone, hear me now."

All attention was on her instantly.

"With Calamity Ganon now awakened," she started hesitantly, "here we stand at the threshold of the imaginable." She took in a breath.

"Despite that..." she stepped forward, growing braver as she went on, "we must not give in to defeat. We must not despair. We must stand and fight!

"Hyrule wields the Divine Beasts and their Champions. We are armed with the Knight Whose Will Seal the Darkness, we are armed with the courageous heroes of Hyrule past.

And..." she reached out a welcoming hand as more and more knights gathered to better hear her speech. "we shall strike with you. You, brave soldiers!" She placed a hand on her chest and stepped up to the edge. "Everyone, you are mine to lead now."

She raised a hand, a glow emanating from it. She showed the Triforce of Wisdom to us. "Calamity Ganon...will be sealed away forever with the power I possess!" Destiny curled her hand into a ball as the sun finally crested the mountains behind her, casting her in an ethereal glow.

"Together, standing in strength, we begin our march. Hyrule's fight–to rescue all within it–is now!"

The knights raised their swords and cheered.

—————————————————————————————

I caught up with Destiny, Cal, and Impa as they were climbing down from the fort.

"That was amazing, Princess!" I praised. "Very awe-inspiring."

"Thank you." Destiny flushed.

Cal pointed to a pair of knights who were clearing some rubble and went off to go help them.

Almost as soon as he did, a knight walked up to us. "Can I talk with you, Princess?" He asked.

"Alone?"

I didn't like it. Impa and I protectively took up positions on either side of Desi, staring the soldier down wearily.

"Not alone," Desi said, clearly getting the same weird vibes offa this guy. "but yes, we can talk."

The soldier took Impa and I in with the same weariness he gave us as he led us silently away from the group and into the woods.

Far enough that no one would be able to hear our cry.

"So what was it you wanted to speak with me about?" Desi asked nervously.

He stopped and looked over his shoulder at her. I lifted a hand to put on her shoulder, but I never got a chance.

The soldier jumped back with inhuman strength (including Wild and Twi, who're freakishly strong), landing on the cliff face above us.

In a flurry of talisman, the appearance of a Hylian soldier wore off, revealing the red, skin tight suit and white mask of the Yiga, along with the decorations marking him as chieftain.

"Master Kogha." I spat out.

Impa and I put ourselves in between him and Desi, who was too surprised to protest.

"What're you..." Impa started. But was cut off as he struck.

He leaped off the cliff and landed on his hands and knees before us, head bowed low to the ground.

"That dirty prophet will do anything to insure Calamity Ganon's victory." He said bitterly, which I didn't understand until his next sentence. "Even at the expense of my men–and women. That is where I draw the line. I don't expect you to forgive me, but please, trust me–us–enough to take down that pig and his master."

Desi pushed gently through Impa and I. She stared down at Kogha critically. Reminding me every bit of my Zelda back home, which made me all the more homesick.

"I trust that you would want revenge." She said. Kogha didn't move, but I noticed his fists tighten slightly. "But I would be foolish to believe that this isn't some trick to get into my troops and cut from the inside."

I winced, thinking of the Turncoats.

"Are we alone?" Desi asked.

"Yes." Kogha said. "My remaining troops are waiting on the other end of the swamp. I came in alone." Strangely, I believed him.

He had no visible weapon on him, and one would be hard to hide under his thinly stretched suit. He was bearing his neck. He was forfeiting his life if we didn't believe him. And he didn't waver. He must trust us to make the right decision.

Whatever it may be.

"Okay." Destiny said finally. "But under one condition: you and all your Yiga, must answer to me."

"Yes, Your Highness." Kohga nodded, sounding relieved. Either that we didn't kill him, or that he can avenge the deaths of his people, I couldn't tell.

"Now, tell us Ganon's plans."