Thundra Plateau

Flora's POV

I sighed. Zelda's been pelting me with questions for the past few miles. I've been answering them the best I could.

It all went a little something like this:

Z: Why did you give up the crown?

F: Hyrule hasn't been ruled in over a century and I never wanted the crown in the first place.

Z: Why did you come back?

F: I saw through the portal and decided I was bored and wanted to give all of Hyrule a heart attack.

Z: You know all of Hyrule? Shouldn't it be difficult to remember the names?

F: There's enough people to comfortably fit into the Temple of Time. It's not as hard as you think.

Z: When did the Calamity come in your timeline?

F: My seventeenth birthday.

Z: Do you have any idea why it rose earlier here?

F: That's like asking me what's the best way to infiltrate the Akkala Citadel. I haven't used all of them yet and need more details.

Z: Wha—never mind. How'd you unlock your powers?

And that was the question we were stuck on now. I didn't know how to answer it without falling into a flashback or tears.

"Well..." I started cautiously. "It was the day the Calamity rose. Wild was dying and barely standing on his own. A Guardian came and I knew Wild wouldn't be able to survive it so I I pushed myself in front of him. I thought 'I can't lose anyone else and a stupid machine won't stop me.' I felt something opening inside of me and then I was using my power. Not much else to it."

I looked at my right hand.

The Triforce began to glow weakly. No else seemed to notice it.

My powers had waned after that century using it non-stop so it wasn't as potent or bright or useful as when I first unlocked it.

"Well... can you help me unlock my powers?" Zelda asked hesitantly.

I shook my head causing the heiress' shoulders to droop. "I don't really understand enough of it to teach someone how to unlock it. All I know is that praying never did anythin to it. You have to unlock it. Not some washed-up goddess who doesn't give a fuck about us."

Twilight nodded. "Ain't that the truth sister."

We high-fived like it was a natural thing to be making fun of the White Goddess. But I didn't tell Zelda how she-I-we-this is confusing-was actually Hylia. How by unlocking her powers, she'll be awakened.

Sun taught all of us how we were the goddess reincarnated when we met and traversed Hyrules for a while but I took a break when Purah told me of a strange energy coming from underneath the castle.

Which then led to another crazy adventure and Link getting his arm possessed. Well, not possessed per se, but I don't know the proper term nor do I really care.

Like I said, Hylia don't give a shit.

"So what do we call you?" I asked Link and Zelda. "It'll get confusing on that battlefield if we hear our names called out."

"True." Four said. "It was already confusing but didn't want to tell them how we're Link."

"But what's Link's hero title?" Wind asked. "He hasn't even saved Hyrule yet."

"Pretty sure he's the Hero of the Calamity." I stated blankly. "Look around."

Wind stuck his tongue out at me and I ruffled his hair. The Sailor squirmed and bagged my hand away as Four, Twi and I laughed.