The Master Sword

Zelda's POV

When we arrived back at the entrance to Korok Forest, we saw that not only had the others joined us, but the malice blocking the entrance had disappeared.

Link and I immediately ran down the path.

The others stayed behind to guard the entrance. This wasn't about them.

When we reached the main part of the forest, we saw the Master Sword sitting in its pedestal... and a twisted man standing before it.

"Who are you!" I shouted.

But he didn't answer.

The man simply raised his hand so it was level with his face.

He raised his other hand propelling a strange floating relic upward a little bit.

A large cloud of malice formed in the area in between us.

The malice solidified into four very familiar faces

Link drew his sword and charged.

He met the Hollows in the middle.

Link dodged blows and delivered ones of his own. He fought fearlessly while I cowered in the background, the little robot at my feet.

Mipha's Hollow stabbed at Link, but he blocked it. Link ducked under a Gerudo scimitar.

The ground erupted underneath Link.

Malice rose from under Link, who ran along it, despite the malice burning into his boots.

When he reached he end, Link jumped up and slashed at Daruk's Hollow as he came down.

But the Hollow disappeared before re-materializing right beside the knight.

The Hollow swung his Boulder Breaker at Link. Link raised his shield at the last second, and got thrown backward.

He flew past the strange man and landed on the pedestal behind him, and in front of the sword.

"Link..." I whispered, my hand covering my mouth.

But my voice seemed to echo throughout the forest. The man and Hollows turned to face me.

The Hollows' blank stare burned me up from the inside. But they didn't attack.

The man rose his hand and pointed straight at me.

"Kill her." His voice was quiet but reverberated throughout my skull.

The Hollows moved as one.

They charged toward me with inhuman speed, as I stood frozen in fear.

A Gerudo scimitar was thrust toward my face, as I reached out for Link, even as I knew he couldn't help, and my final moments were here.

I saw Link struggle to his feet. He shouted out for me, as he reached his hand out as well.

A bright light illuminated everything in the forest. Just as I rose my arms to protect myself from the scimitar.

But when the blow didn't come, I lowered my arms and gasped.

The four Hollows had stopped in their tracks. They disappeared into strings of malice.

The man hissed as if the light hurt him.

The light seemed to fuel me, my wounds practically healed right before my eyes.

Link wa sat the source of the holy light, but I know he didn't cause it, at least, not on purpose.

The light dimmed enough for me to see that it had come from the sword.

Link kneeled, grabbed the sword, braced himself, and pulled.

The man was frozen as he stared at Link in fear(?).

I was also frozen as I watched Link grab his destiny. Sky had told us Link wa s the hero, but now it seemed real.

I was the only one who hadn't achieved what she had to to pose a threat against Ganon.

Link finally got the sword out of its pedestal. He held it in the air above his head, admiring the blade. Then, he slashed it through the air, a unsaid threat, as he tuned to glare at the stranger.

The Hollows appeared again.

Link charged them, his sword glowing brighter the closer he came to the malice beings.

He was able to take care of them much easier then before.

His old sword lay broken in the grass.

When he was done with the Hollows, Link turned to the man, purposefully putting his body between the man and I.

The man grinned a maniacal grin.

"I, am Astor." He introduced. "The Prophet of Doom!"

Link charged toward him, making me realize that his recklessness will get him killed one day.

Astor shot spell after spell at Link, but he kept coming back.

The spells didn't seem to deter him, but I could tell he was in pain whenever he was hit by a spell. Which, unfortunately were normally just malice.

Finally, after great difficulty, (I'm guessing, it didn't look easy.) Astor fled the forest.

Link stood, panting where he was before Astor teleported away.

He sheathed his new sword, and put his shield away. (where did he get that scabbard and shield?)

He came up to me, to make sure I wasn't hurt.

I was telling him I was fine when the others rushed into the forest.

Their eyes traced over the splotches of malice covering the ground, to me, looking unharmed, and to Link, with the Blade of Evil's Bane on his back.