Her

Zelda's POV

We were walking back from the Yiga Clan Hideout.

We found our horses whom we left at a stable just before the desert.

Twilight let Wild ride with him on Epona. So we didn't need to worry about getting him a horse.

Revali and Daruk were the only ones not on horses, Revali wanted to scout ahead for danger, and Daruk was too heavy for a horse to support.

The ride was silent. It was going to take a few days to get back to the castle.

But when we left the desert area, and we started to see more vegetation and life, Wild started pointing out things I never would've noticed without him.

Like a deer fawn curled up in the tall grass (one of the guards tried to kill it but Wild stopped them), a cluster of frog eggs, and many other things.

I was in awe with Wild's observant and careful eye.

It was like he had a natural connection to nature. And it was amazing.

I could tell everyone else felt the same. The heroes on the other hand, seemed proud of their brother.

We finally stopped for the night at Lake Kolomo at the foot of the Great Plateau.

I almost missed Wild's distant look at the latter.

But I didn't. So I began to wonder about the story behind it.

Camp was quickly set up and before anyone could say anything, Wild was at the cooking pot.

And an hour or so later, we were digging into his delicious mushroom soup.

A few guards were on watch along with Wind.

The guards seemed to question Wind's ability to stay up late, and he seemed to take it as a challenge.

I then plopped myself down on my makeshift cot in my tent, the day's events finally catching up to me.

"Goodnight, Little Bird," I heard Urbosa from the entrance and soon enough, I had slipped into a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

——————————————————————————

I woke to the smell of eggs.

My bones were still tired and my mind not fully functional, but I pulled myself off the cot.

I changed into my clothes and brushed my hair, attempting to make it do something so that it wasn't in my way.

I glared at the lock I was currently holding. Maybe I should just cut it off.

No, father wouldn't agree. I answered.

When I was as presentable as I could manage, I pulled open the flap that was the entrance and stepped out side...

...Only to be met with the strangest thing ever.

Wild was sitting cross-legged before the campfire, tending to our breakfast.

He was humming contently to some song.

His hair was pulled into a loose ponytail. Sticking out from behind his ear were three feathers.

The largest one was white with a black tip, the slightly smaller one was pink with faint streaks of white, and the smallest one was brown with a black tip and faint white streaks.

They were Rito feathers.

I'm guessing the white ones the father, pink, mother, and brown, child.

I wanted to ask how he got them, but that wasn't the question that left my mouth.

"What are you wearing?" I found myself asking.

Wild wasn't wearing the cloak and tunic he wore the previous day. He wasn't even wearing trousers!

Instead, he was clad in a green dress.

It was short-sleeved and short enough that he (she?) could run comfortably in it, but long enough.

Wild looked up with a smile.

And in that moment, I could tell he wasn't a he. And that today, he was a she.

"Like it?" She asked, voice the same. "One of my friends made it for me. Well, two of 'em."

When she moved, I noticed the subtle gleam of jewels. It must be the brainchild of a tailor and a Gerudo Jeweler.

The others started to wake up.

Everyone was shocked when they saw Wild, and froze in their tracks. Though I'm sure Revali was shocked for a different reason.

The heroes acted like this was a regular occurrence.

Warriors sat down, uninvited, behind Wild and began to braid her hair. Legend made a short trip to his tent (he was on watch) and came out with a fistfuls of ribbons, and began to help the Captain.

Time asked what he was cooking (eggs and crepes, which seemed like an odd combination).

Sky sat across from him and just simply watched him cook.

And Twilight came across the camp, and stood protectively over Wild, glaring at us, who were looki by at her with wide eyes.

When he glared at me, I blushed and looked away.

"Twilight," Wild said. "it's okay."

Twilight looked reluctant but did so, sitting next to the Hero of the Wild as she made breakfast.

People gradually began to move on to morning jobs/chores. Though I could see the glances they shot the newest member.

Revali came up to said hero, single-handedly stopping all conversation.

"Alright, fess up. Where'd you find them?" A growl underlined the Rito Champion's words as he pointed to the feathers now being braided into Wild's hair.

"They were given to me." She answered.

"By who?" Revali asked, still slightly angry.

"By my adopted family." She said simply.

That seemed to through Revali off. Much to her enjoyment.

"My girlfriend, Flora has them too." Wild said. "Teba and Saki took us in since we had no other family."

Revali didn't seem to know what to saw to that, so he just walked away, grumbling.

Wild's smug, triumphant expression following him.

———————————————————————————————————————————————

I'm sorry this is probably a little late me than y'all would've expected/hoped.

I was suffering from a temporary loss of inspiration, my dog died, and I just couldn't bring myself to write.

But it's here, and I hope you liked it!