Locating Wild

Time's POV

I was woken up to Wind bouncing on my bed.

"Get up!" He said excitedly. "We're going to go visit Central Tower!"

"Yeah." I sighed, rolling over. "Y'all can go."

This answer didn't please Wind the way I thought it would.

"Purah-the Sheikah scientist who turns herself into a six year old-said that you might want to come." The Sailor said. "She said she found a way that might help us locate Wild!"

That got my attention. I was up on my feet in record time.

On the walk through the castle, Wind filled me in on everything that happened while I was asleep and in the castle.

Apparently Impa had a fight with the little guardian. I smiled gently.

We regrouped with the rest of the chain before continuing the walk across Hyrule Field.

We made it to the tower in no time. Wind didn't even complain once.

I guess all the tromping back and forth across Wild's Hyrule helped with his stamina.

We arrived at the bottom of the tower.

Purah, Impa, Zelda, and the four champions were there. But there was no sign of Link.

"Where's Link?" Warriors said.

Purah simply pointed at the top of the tower. "I have a theory and want to see if it works.

As if on cue, the ground shook violently as the other towers erupted from the ground, rising into the air.

Zelda looked on in amazement.

"It woooked!" Purah shouted in glee.

The tower lit up blue. So now it blended even more perfectly in the landscape of Wild's Hyrule.

The only difference was the lack of ruins and corrupted guardians around them.

"Yes!" Zelda complemented the researcher. "You did wonderfully!"

Purah ran in front of us. "One down, and a whole lot more to go! Time's a-wasting, right?"

"Now," I turned to the heroes. "who feels like going up there?"

Everyone but Sky and Twilight shook their heads. Sky lived on a floating rock, and I don't think nothing scares Twilight.

But everyone else was either afraid of heights, or got altitude sickness really low in the atmosphere (Four).

Daruk and Mipha and Revali also wanted to stay on the ground.

Which left the rest of us to climb the tower.

Wild did these all the time. But then again, he was Wild.

He likes to climb anything we come into contact with.

Sky used the platforms to rest from time to time. Poor kid had terrible stamina.

When we were all situated at the top of Central Tower, we gathered by the edge and looked out over Hyrule.

Zelda stepped forward while Purah paced back and forth with the Sheikah slate.

"What a magnificent view." Zelda remarked. "We're so high up."

She shifted around to face Purah.

"Purah, have you found anything yet?" The princess asked.

"I see, hmm..." The Sheikah mused. "So by bonding this with the Sheikah Slate..."

"Hm? What's that Purah?" The Sheikah was turned around so her words were muffled.

Purah faced Zelda. "Listen, Princess! These towers have got a lot of power hiding inside!"

"Wild never mentioned anything about that." Twilight whispered.

"Maybe he didn't know." Sky whispered back.

I shushed them.

"The Sheikah Towers we're designed to scan their surroundings for Calamith Ganon." Purah explained. She held up the slate for us to see. "When we activate them, the terminals load the Sheikah slate with a map of the area!"

"Now, Wild knew that." I whispered.

Purah went on excitedly. "You can see the geography nearby—and locate monsters—as east as click, snap!"

I stepped forward. "Um, I don't mean to roam on your parade, but I was told this had something to do with finding my son, Wild?"

"You do care for us Old Man!" Twilight said, elbowing me in the side.

"Shut up." I said. But didn't deny anything.

Purah smirked, as if I had asked the question she most wanted to answer.

"Well, I learned that for some reason the towers marked down a specific place on the map." She turned the slate around and held it up to her face. "I first thought it was just a flaw, but then the marker moved! The towers are tracking a Hyrulean signature. And it might be your missing hero!"

Twilight leaned forward in anticipation. "Really? Were is it? How long of a journey is it?"

"Easy, Pup." I said, trying to calm the hero of Twilight before he does anything rash.

"Well, it's somewhere in the Gerudo Highlands, but I don't think it's anywhere specific, is it?" Purah showed us the Sheikah slate's screen.

There was a yellow marker, like an arrowhead that sat deathly still (if it's Wild, then being still for long can't mean anything good).

It was in the middle of a very familiar place.

The one place that Wild that warned us against exploring.

The Yiga Clan hideout.