31 | science for stupid-heads

⎯⎯ IF AURORA WAS BAD AT ONE THING, IT WOULD BE ANYTHING SCIENCE-RELATED

⎯⎯ IF AURORA WAS BAD AT ONE THING, IT WOULD BE ANYTHING SCIENCE-RELATED. So that leads me to wonder why the fuck she decided to wander into Bruce and Tony's shared lab space. She's been growing antsy from nothing really being decided about what the situation would be with her being the singular soulmate of so many people. (As far as she knew) Bruce was welcoming despite her relentless questions.

She wasn't sure if he liked that she was curious or if it annoyed him. He was nice to spend time with as well, someone she didn't feel an irrational pull toward, a friend. It was nice to have friends. Plus he was funnier than Tony gave him credit for.

"That buzzing is going to make my head explode," She mumbled, staring angrily at the light above his head.

Bruce looked up at the light, then glanced at her, "You hear that too? I thought I was the only one," He turned back to whatever he was working on. Leaving Aurora to think about whatever the fuck that meant.

Please for the love of god don't... Aurora didn't want to even offer the words a chance to become reality so she shut it down. "I could say something to Tony, he said he fixed that fridge in the staff lobby when I first started working here."

"Really? I tried fixing the light one time but I ended up falling on my ass,"

She chuckled at the thought of Bruce falling off of a step-ladder, "What would fix a buzzy light anyway?"

Bruce sat the tweezers down and turned around, leaning on the counter behind him. "Hm, probably a wattage issue, if anything. The light itself probably isn't even the problem. Tony might have had the wrong wattage of light bulbs installed." Aurora briefly glanced down at his sleeves, they were rolled up to his elbows.

Fucking hell, Aurora knock it off. She cleared her throat, "I bet JARVIS knows if something's wrong. That's like their thing, right?"

"I don't see why not. Hey JARVIS?"

A voice emitted from... everywhere. "Yes, Dr. Banner?"

"Could you check the wiring for the lights in the lab here, they're buzzing," Bruce asked, his expression thoughtful.

"Of course," Bruce brought up a hologram screen, Aurora was still in awe of Tony's technology. It felt unreal. "It seems the dimmer cannot handle the wattage of the lights running at once, I can order a new dimmer or new lights for you, sir."

Aurora gave Bruce a proud smile, "And here I thought Tony was the tinker."

"Uh, just get a new dimmer, JARVIS. Thank you," Bruce spoke to the computer with such respect, it made Aurora feel warm inside. "It should be here tomorrow,"

"Can I help install it?" She blurted.

That seemed to have caught the doctor off guard, he nodded harshly after a moment though, "Yea, sure. Maybe you could learn a thing or two."

"Ouch, Banner. Didn't think you had it in you," He shook his head at her, "Let's just hope I don't electrocute the both of us."

"I'll make sure to pray tonight, Aurora."