10 | thespian lesbian

⎯⎯ TRAFFIC IN THE TOWER HAD BEEN SLOW THIS PARTICULAR DAY, AURORA HASN'T SEEN 'ROMANOFF' SINCE THE FIRST ACCOUNTER

⎯⎯ TRAFFIC IN THE TOWER HAD BEEN SLOW THIS PARTICULAR DAY, AURORA HASN'T SEEN 'ROMANOFF' SINCE THE FIRST ACCOUNTER... which, if Aurora was being honest made her kind of sad. She wasn't sure if Romanoff was her soulmate– excuse me, one of her soulmates –but when the small scar near the red head's right eye was found by Aurora, she was sure Romanoff was her soul mate. It mirrored Aurora's own matching scar perfectly.

She hadn't noticed until she left that the same scar decorated her face. It was easy to recall how she got the wound, an act of clumsiness. A simple trip and now she's marked for life. Another sign the universe hated her. Giving her the smallest of nudge in the WRONG direction like it wanted her to trip and fall into a manhole like that old chainmail story. She had simply reached up too high in the library and a thick copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone smacked the young Aurora in the face.

Her doctor said she was lucky it wasn't any closer to her eye, apparently, it would have sustained damage. But it wasn't like she got off easy either, it was bruised for weeks and didn't heal as quickly as the doctor had promised. Which caused the scar to be much more noticeable. Not that it was noticeable at all, Aurora's a dramatic gay that's all. By that I mean, she's a thespian and a lesbian– okay, I lied. She isn't a lesbian even though it would be pretty gosh darn iconic if she could introduce herself as: Aurora the Thespian Lesbian nobody knew in high school at the ten-year reunion.

Too bad Aurora's only kinda gay. (if you haven't gotten the memo yet, she's bisexual you hooligans) Thinking of her freshman year in high school made her cringe and smile, she called it a smringe. It was the combination of distaste and happiness in one moment and it had a very whiplashing effect. Aurora had been in a play in her sophomore year, but playing Rosemary in The Giver meant no lines...

It's a good thing the director liked her 'stage presence.' Whatever the hell that meant.

Aurora had a good week at the tower and this slow day made it better since it's a Friday, her favorite day of the week. Aurora used to (she still does) wish that weekends could be longer as a kid since two days separating five didn't feel like enough.