36 | five? more like four

⎯⎯ IT FELT SO UNFAIR THAT SHE HAD YET ANOTHER SOULMATE

⎯⎯ IT FELT SO UNFAIR THAT SHE HAD YET ANOTHER SOULMATE. What was next? A seventh one? Or maybe an eighth? At this point she might as well be tied to every asshole on the planet. Aurora wasn't really mad at who her newest discovered soulmate was, but she was angry at the damned universe.

"This is getting fucking ridiculous, no offense Loki I'm not mad it's you. I'm just mad there's a-fucking-nother! Six! WHO HAS SIX SOULMATES???"

"That is madness! I thought Thor was exaggerating," Sif's eyes were wide with surprise. The other Warrior's Three looked stumped with confusion.

"How would that even work? I would not be angry, so to speak, but surely confused." Fandral's admission didn't really surprise anyone. "Don't look at me like that Hogun,"

Thor had a thoughtful expression, "You said Clint and Tony were going to stay with their current partners, no?" She nodded, "That's only what, four. Far less than you thought."

Aurora felt oddly comforted by the thought, "Yea, you're right, Thor. Maybe the universe isn't a colossal cunt like I thought it was." Wow that's harsh Aurora, if it weren't for me, you wouldn't even exist.

"It'd be totally ironic if you had another soulmate, wouldn't it," Loki's voice was completely off. He sounded almost embarrassed.

"I think I'd lose my mind, to be honest." She folded her arms across her chest, looking around the room curiously. "Did the party end or something?" She noticed how few people there were now.

Loki nodded, "Tony always gets rid of us non-Avengers early,"

Aurora just blinked at him before acknowledging what he said. Non-Avengers. What'd that even fucking mean? "Makes sense," A headache was forming in her forehead, "I don't even know how I'm standing," She once again remembered drinking from the flask.

"That wasn't Thor's mead, it was human alcohol." Loki admitted with a sly smile.

"Why didn't you say that, you oaf." He didn't answer but Aurora had an idea as to why he didn't mention it. He knew we were soulmates and wanted to see if it were true...