24 | arachnophobia

⎯⎯ AURORA MADE SURE TO WATCH JOHN AND IDRIS THE ENTIRE DRIVE, JUST BECAUSE STARK HIRED MEN TO PROTECT HER DIDN'T MEAN SHE TRUSTED THEM

⎯⎯ AURORA MADE SURE TO WATCH JOHN AND IDRIS THE ENTIRE DRIVE, JUST BECAUSE STARK HIRED MEN TO PROTECT HER DIDN'T MEAN SHE TRUSTED THEM. She was pissed. What gave Tony the right to hire some goons to follow her?! Especially without any fucking warning. "What a dick," She mumbled from the backseat. "How much is Stark even paying you two anyway?"

"We're not allowed to disclose that, Ms. Jameson."

Aurora huffed out an annoyed sigh and turned to look out the window, "Whatever," She knew she was acting like a spoiled little child but she didn't care. Tony invaded her privacy and it left her livid.

A scratching feeling rose on her wrist, the words "I'm Sorry" appeared in red ink... he never used red ink. Fuck, she groaned and flopped down on the seat to reach into her jacket. The black pen was years (possibly decades) old and worked wonderfully still. She pulled the cap off with her teeth and wrote back.

"Being rich doesn't mean you can spy on me."

After writing to Tony she thought about what he said, he apologized. (In a shitty way, might I add) Why? Why would Tony goddamn Stark have to worry about how she thought of him? He had Pepper. So why would he even care about Aurora? It didn't make any sense to her.

"Has Tony ever apologized to either of you?"

Idris shook his head, "We've never even met him face to face."

"That's fucking weird, he's your boss?" She asked, still laying on the three seats long-ways.

"Technically he just pays us, Happy Hogan is our boss."

"The security guy? I thought he was promoted last week."

They laughed, "Yea just higher up in the hierarchy. He's like the grandmaster in the whole system. Right below Tony and the other Avengers." She made a "hmm" sound before looking at the ceiling in the car. "We're coming up on the tower right now," John said, turning right into the parking garage.

Aurora sat up and as soon as John parked, she jumped out of the car. "Thank you guys for not murdering me or something, bye!" Now it was time to deal with Mr. Stark, the nerve. She was still a bit angry, he needed to learn boundaries now or else he'd step all over her the rest of her life. Aurora saw how her dad respected her mom's boundaries despite how much he loved her.

"Oh FUCK!" Her bag fell off of her shoulder at the sight of Natasha Romanoff. "You scared the absolute living shit out of me oh my god," Aurora held a hand on her chest, breathing loud enough that surely the entirety of New York could hear her.

The red-head chuckled, "Sorry about that, I'm escorting you,"

"Did Tony make you do this?" Aurora asked, eyeing the woman curiously.

"No, I volunteered. He told me about you. Well, us, I guess. Fucking weird, isn't it?"

Aurora nodded furiously as the pair began to walk together, "Yes! How the hell do I have so many soulmates I swear it's like my life is being written out for me by some fucking idiot."

Jeez, Aurora, no need to be such a dick. (I won't lie, it's deserved, I haven't written her story for over a year lol)

Natasha shook her head in amusement, "You're funny," The look on Aurora's face worried the Avenger, "No, no, in a good way! You're easy-going, Tony's funny but in a dickish way."

"Phew, guess it's okay to tell you I'm terrified of spiders now, right?"

"What's arachnophobia got to do with-- Oh! I see what you did there," Natasha playfully pushed Aurora's arm and it made Aurora choke up. She's not blind, Natasha is gorgeous and by god, it was hard to act normal. Good thing she was easy-going, right.