30 | definitely an interior designer

⎯⎯ TONY OFFERED AURORA A WING AT THE TOWER FOR HER TO STAY IN WHILE THINGS WERE STILL BEING FIGURED OUT

⎯⎯ TONY OFFERED AURORA A WING AT THE TOWER FOR HER TO STAY IN WHILE THINGS WERE STILL BEING FIGURED OUT. It was fucking wild, to say the least. There was a small kitchen and living room combo. It was like a miniature version of the main one in the larger part of the common area. The bathroom was bigger than her living room in her apartment and it made her weak in the knees.

It took weeks for it to hit her, that this was real. She was tied to the goddamn Avengers through some ancient force. Aurora didn't really know how to react; she just thanked him extensively (not without poking fun at him of course) and locked herself in the bedroom for a good scream into that god-awfully soft bed.

Everything felt EVEN MORE real when JARVIS asked her to pick out pieces of furniture for the wing. Aurora felt the intense reality of what everything meant suddenly attack her from all sides. She spent most of her time wandering between the different floors, trying to find sense in everything.

The one thing that surprised her the most was how forgiving Tony was, it was like he understood what she was going through. Natasha did what she could to help but Aurora knew the woman was just as lost as she was.

Picking furniture wasn't the end of it either, she had to choose what she wanted to bring over from her apartment. Tony had offered to pay her rent but Aurora didn't want to burden him anymore. "It's not a burden to take care of you, we may not ever be together but I take care of my people." The words sat heavy on her shoulders.

How was she supposed to be angry at the universe when everyone she was meant for were so kind? Sure, Tony and Clint had families which she was thankful for if anything. Two less people for her to have to figure out how to live with. But that still left Natasha, Steve, and Bucky... maybe even two more people because of how much the universe liked to fuck with her.

By the end of that month, her space was officially furnished. A lot of the little furniture pieces were from her apartment, she loved most of what was packed into the tiny space. Her bookshelves, that comfy plaid chair, her collection of books from her teenage years. And of course her clothing.

Aurora used to want to be an interior designer, but after that, she knew she was not cut out for it.