05 | personal vendetta

⎯⎯ AURORA HAS FELT CHEATED MANY TIMES IN HER LIFE, THIS BEING ONE OF THEM

⎯⎯ AURORA HAS FELT CHEATED MANY TIMES IN HER LIFE, THIS BEING ONE OF THEM. It's like the universe has some personal vendetta against the woman. She's done the best she can to ignore the continual signs of a new soulmate... but when she bumps into a tall figure with dark brown hair she feels something burning inside her chest.

It could be that heartburn she's been meaning to see Dr. Green about, or... just maybe the universe was testing her patience again. The receiver of her bump must have felt the same burning sensation because as soon as the brown eyes met the blue ones, Aurora could see new colors. It was like the first time except so much better, the deep purple posters behind his handsome face and the green grass... it was so very wonderful.

And as much as she wanted to run and run her fingers through the patch of grass inside the large mall, his eyes held her in place. Neither of them said a word, how could they? What does one say when they meet their soulmate? "Hey, wanna fuck?" Aurora scrunched her nose at her inner monologue's vulgar thoughts. Her throat felt dry as she did the one thing she could think of. She fucking bolted out of the mall like goddamn Lightning McQueen in that last race and she ran as fast as the Flash toward the nearest subway.

 Then it hit her, like a goddamn train. Aurora just ran away from her soulmate... or one of them at least. As her chest heaved up and down, she gripped the (probably, nope, definitely) germ-infested pole in the subway. Her legs felt like lead and her head was about a million miles away. She wished it was in Hogwarts... but it's trapped in his light blue eyes. They were oh so familiar but so distant.

Like an old family member. When they exclaim just how much you grew as if you aren't a... you know... a fucking living human. And then they squeeze your cheeks no matter how many times you slap their hands away. So vague but familiar. But he was different, he felt like he knew she was his soulmate. Either that or he had no idea why the hell this woman was just... standing there... gaping at him like Marlon in Finding Nemo. Too bad he'd never find out because all Aurora wanted to do was drown herself in her sorrows.

Also known as, eat a bunch of food then cry about how much she can eat.