08 | n. romanoff

⎯⎯ AURORA HAS HATED OFFICE JOBS SINCE THE TIME SHE INTERNED AT THE DAILY BUGLE

⎯⎯ AURORA HAS HATED OFFICE JOBS SINCE THE TIME SHE INTERNED AT THE DAILY BUGLE. It was a pain in the ass, putting on her 'phone voice.' Which was the same as pretending to be some soccer mom with five too many kids and an overdue car payment on a goddamn minivan from the 90s. In other words, Aurora pretended to be not half white, but full white. She went all out. She became her father.

The other two women thought it was funny, the only male receptionist looked as happy as Aurora did when he walked into the building. When Aurora found out she got the job, she looked up at the crystal blue sky and thanked the universe for not being a pompous ass. "Hey, Aurora." She looked up, no one really knew her name.

Her face felt like it was heating up. Aurora forced the blush down at the sight of a regular person, it was one of the other ladies... Jenny, she believed. "Hey, what's up?" Aurora decided that knowing her for a week was reason enough to be casual.

"Can you register me for a sick day, my son's daycare center refuses to take him since... well they didn't tell me..."

Aurora nodded her head quickly, "Yea, of course, don't worry about it, Jenny?" The blonde nodded, "I hope it goes well." Aurora called after her retreating figure in hope that she'd find another daycare so she doesn't miss any more days. She hasn't learned the penalties that are given for missing work and Aurora doesn't plan on finding out. She recalls how to enter a sick day and selects Jenny's name.

Whoever made it possible to register someone else was thinking about things like this. It's helpful. Aurora finished with ease and nearly pat herself on the back for remembering how to do it. The spinning door opened to reveal a familiar figure, her throat ran dry much like the day she saw one of her soulmates. Except this face wasn't unfamiliar, it was the one of Black Widow. The short red hair and all.

The woman walked up to the counter silently, "I'm going up to the top." She held out an identification card, there was a picture of her stoic face on it. Aurora fumbled with the ID nervously and did her best to not make a fool of herself, but she struggled. She swiped the card and typed in which floor she was going to which transferred the key to the card.

"There you go, Ms. Romanoff." Aurora had taken a look at the card and saw the name. Or the majority of a name. N. Romanoff. What could 'N' mean? Nora? Nola? Natalie... Nadia... Noami... Nina, Nyla, Nellie... none of her guesses sounded right.