03 | fourth one

⎯ SHE DOUBLED OVER IN PAIN IN THE BARNES AND NOBLE, CRYING OUT FROM THE PAIN IN HER ARM

⎯ SHE DOUBLED OVER IN PAIN IN THE BARNES AND NOBLE, CRYING OUT FROM THE PAIN IN HER ARM. This was new to her. Now, she's showing four signs. How splendid. Onlookers seemed to want to help but she waved the concerned patrons away. "I'm fine." She hissed through her teeth, the pain was excruciating but she refused to draw any more attention to herself. It felt like her arm had been stepped on at the elbow.

Her lips quivered as she forced herself to stand up. Aurora knew she had to find a doctor or something. But there's nothing like that around. Aurora decides to call her hardass of a father, time to get chewed out by the old white man. The phone rang and rang for an entire thirty seconds before a gruff voice answered, "What the hell do you want now?!" Harsh, but expected.

"Something's happening and mom's not here so, I called you."

"What's happening?" He was as confused as ever.

"I think I have a fourth," Aurora knew there wasn't another explanation needed for him to understand what was going on. "I'm like 95% sure my arm just broke which worries me beyond belief when I don't even know the dumbass who did it."

A loud, long sigh sounded across the phone line, "A fourth? Goddamn. When I met your mother I knew she was the one. Then she dislocated my arm for callin' her pretty." Aurora chuckled against the pain due to her father trying to lighten the mood. "Where are you? I can take you to the hospital."

"Outside of Barnes and Noble. But it's alright, Pops, I can take care of myself."

"Then what was the point of callin'?" Good question, oh brilliant man.

Aurora sighed like he did, mocking him without saying a word. As much as she loved her dad, he was the most stubborn, blunt, all-around asshole, and frankly stupid person she's ever met in her entire life. "I don't know, lemme get a cab. Love you."

"Love you too," he paused and Aurora waited for it, expecting it, "dummy." She still chuckled against the pain as she hailed a cab. Whoever did this was going to pay.