20 | on-brand tin can

⎯⎯ BOTH MEN STARED AT AURORA IN PUZZLEMENT, OBVIOUSLY NOT UNDERSTANDING HER FRUSTRATION SINCE THEY WEREN'T THERE TO SEE HER ACT A COMPLETE AND UTTER FOOL

⎯⎯ BOTH MEN STARED AT AURORA IN PUZZLEMENT, OBVIOUSLY NOT UNDERSTANDING HER FRUSTRATION SINCE THEY WEREN'T THERE TO SEE HER ACT A COMPLETE AND UTTER FOOL. Which Aurora was thankful for. They hadn't seen the way her cheeks flamed as red as Natasha's hair or how she nearly dropped the ID. Which gave Aurora some tiny sliver of hope that the universe wasn't after her ass as much as it had been the day her arm broke.

"What?" She looked between them, sitting in the chair in an awkward position, "I didn't know her name so I was left to guess..." The confusion on their faces makes her confused, "...is that not a normal thing to do? Oh my god, please stop looking at me like I'm crazy–"

"Like you're crazy? I'm pretty sure you are–"

She scoffs loudly at the billionaire, "Okay tin can."

Tony raised an eyebrow, much similar to Aurora's action minutes earlier, "Tin can?" She nodded.

"Or do you prefer something on-brand... like... Coca-Cola Can?!" She smiled definitely, "You're an asshole who's good for the environment cause recycling."

Tony's furrowed brow was beginning to crease the skin, "Aren't you the same woman who wouldn't even look me in the eye not even two hours ago?"

She nodded with the smile still painted on her lips, "Cause now, you can't fire me. Or at least I hope you don't because if you do then I'll end up on the streets, Pops can't pay rent any–"

"Shut up please, I'm thinking." Aurora's face scrunched up in confusion, did he just... tell her to shut up? Oh, hell no! Aurora now wanted to go feral but the sight of Steve reminded her she wasn't alone with Tony. She rolled her eyes at the universe. "So, there's old Cap here, me, and Romanoff?" She nodded.

"That I know the names of. There's another guy and one I haven't physically met yet. The guy had a metal arm–"

Tony held up a finger, "Wait, take a step back– did you say metal arm?" She nodded and Tony looked at Steve with his wide brown eyes, "What are the odds of that?"

She didn't get it, "...uh, the odds of what?"

"That all of her soulmates so far are Avengers."

"He isn't an Avenger."

"Details, details. Still counts, he lives here does he not?" Tony and Steve were having their own conversation, one where Aurora had no idea what was going on. Not that she ever really knew what was going on. Confusion has been the most acquainted emotion Aurora knows and they've become great friends. A friend that Aurora wants to run over with a bus.