01 | falling in love

⎯ FOR AURORA JAMESON, FALLING IN LOVE WAS LIKE SWIMMING

FOR AURORA JAMESON, FALLING IN LOVE WAS LIKE SWIMMING. Or at least, that's what she thought it was like. Her entire life had been seen through black and white tinted glasses until that hectic day. She remembered bumping into a number of people, never knowing which one truly sparked color to hit her eyes. It was dazzling, color. The color blue was wonderous and the color red was euphoric.

But the color that truly made her heart skip a beat was the color of golden silk. Of yellow tulips or a kitten's eyes. She loved the color yellow the moment she spotted it. She ran home as quickly as she could to figure out which color was named what and gushed at the word alone. Yellow. What an odd name she thought. Everything was so strange with color.

Her life without it seemed like hell compared to the bright kaleidoscope of the rainbow. The grey tones seemed so dull now. What was even more exciting was seeing the rich brown hair that adorned her head, she knew it was a dark color but she never thought something named after dirt could be so beautiful. And when it shone in the sun! The gold that kissed the lone strands, making her hair look more like a crown than hair. She loved it.

Aurora was dazzled by her own color palette, her skin lighter than normal due to not going out enough. Her almond-shaped dark brown eyes and full lips. She'd never found herself to be beautiful until that moment.

Then she realized, parts of her life were still grey. She couldn't see a large array of colors, red, blue, and yellow's being the only ones perceivable to her eye. This confused her more than anything ever had in her entire twenty-five years of living. When one meets their soulmate, their eyes are shown the colors. That much happened, but some of the rainbow was still murky greys. It pissed her off as the weeks went by. She found it futile to search for her soulmate after trying for a week. If it were fate, then it would happen on its own.