11 | boss

⎯⎯ SHE'S ALWAYS BEEN A JOKESTER, SHE BLAMES HER FATHER FOR IT

⎯⎯ SHE'S ALWAYS BEEN A JOKESTER, SHE BLAMES HER FATHER FOR IT. Because even though he's a very serious man, he's always had a sense of humor. When she was young, Aurora's mother would scold him for teaching their child such vulgar phrases and jokes. The one that's stuck with Aurora since childhood is 'That's what she said.' It's also because of Michael Scott on The Office but Aurora didn't want to make her dad feel any lesser.

So when an old man comes in to deliver a package to a 'Tony Stank' she can't help but laugh her ass off when she gets home. She also cannot believe the marks on her body. In the past few weeks, she's gotten bruises all over her torso and neck. And the makeup isn't cutting it anymore. If Aurora didn't want to get accused for white face (if that's even a thing) she'd better figure out which of the five idiots was doing this so she can curse them out for hurting her.

(I HATE doing author notes in the middle of chapters BUT: I know that white face isn't a thing, it's just a joke. You can't be racist to white people, it's NOT possible. The oppressor cannot be oppressed.)

The length of her forearm has been covered in pen marks for nearly three days now. The black and blue ink says various scientific words that mean nothing to her. She wishes she could be better at math and science, but it's never been her strong suit. She tried her very best to understand Algebra II and to be good at Geometry but she fell short many times. Her father wasn't the most understanding but he never yelled at her. He would just express his disappointment in a very quiet and slow way.

Which was far more terrifying than being screamed at, in Aurora's opinion.

"I have a package for a..." The balding man had squinted so hard that Aurora nearly offered to read the name herself, "...Tony Stank?" The chuckle had escaped her red lips before she could stop it. He chuckled a little to himself as well.

Aurora had nodded, "I can take that." She knew Tony Stark was more often than not in the tower. She hadn't seen him up close in person, but she has seen him through the glass of the elevator every so often. "Thank you," he nodded and slowly walked out, why in the world would anyone hire such an old man? She begins the process of entering the package's information into the computer when her phone rings.

"Avengers Tower, this is Aurora speaking?" There was a beat of silence as she listened for a voice, "Hello?" She tried again.

"Could you bring the package up, dear?" Who says that anymore? And that wasn't a part of Aurora's job...

"May I ask who's speaking?"

"Your boss." And the line went dead.