15 | silver

⎯⎯ EVERYTHING WAS ANNOYING THE BRUNETTE, FROM THE SOUND OF THAT BLASTED MINI-FRIDGE IN THE OTHER ROOM, TO THE SOUND OF KAREN FILING HER NAILS

⎯⎯ EVERYTHING WAS ANNOYING THE BRUNETTE, FROM THE SOUND OF THAT BLASTED MINI-FRIDGE IN THE OTHER ROOM, TO THE SOUND OF KAREN FILING HER NAILS... Aurora wanted the noise to stop completely. She couldn't listen to music to block out all of the little sounds and she sure as hell couldn't leave without notice... her break was ten minutes ago. She sat in the very room where the fridge taunted her with its insistent humming.

She ate her egg salad sandwich in silence while trying to hum louder than the fridge. All of the almost noises have annoyed the living hell out of Aurora. And the tower is full of them. The elevator, which she's had to use far more times than she had initially anticipated. The microwave was all but silent besides its quiet humming. It seems to Aurora, that it's humming sounds that are setting her off. The sounds are making her irritated beyond belief and she thinks people are starting to notice it.

The man from the mall walked it, it startled her but he went over to Jenny. Who had since found a daycare that would take her son. Aurora couldn't remember the kid's name but knew it was something like... Benji. It was cute but not cute enough for Aurora to remember. Aurora watched in wonder as the man handed Jenny his ID, his left hand shone silver. He had a prosthetic? Perhaps that's what broke her arm?

No... he seemed too comfortable with it. He's had to have had it for years in order to be so used to it. Briefly, as he made his way to the elevator he looked back and met her eyes. She felt weak in the knees, he knew she was there... Aurora wanted to know who he was and why he was at the tower. Deciding to figure out if he was a man of importance she checked which floor he would be going to.

The computer told her the top, that was the most secure floor, he must be important. That's only open to the Avengers and he isn't one... odd.