21 | wacking device

⎯⎯ AFTER TALKING TO THE STAR-SPANGLED IDIOT AND THE RICH RECYCLABLE, AURORA QUICKLY LEFT THEM TO THINK

⎯⎯ AFTER TALKING TO THE STAR-SPANGLED IDIOT AND THE RICH RECYCLABLE, AURORA QUICKLY LEFT THEM TO THINK. Her couch was calling out to her like a siren. Singing the all too familiar song, "Come and eat ice cream and cry while watching The Office..." It was a beautiful song to Aurora. One she knew all of the lyrics too. Since it's made up and like fifteen words long.

The walk home was refreshing, the sky was beginning to darken but it didn't bother her, she should be home before the sunset completely. Then disaster struck, much like when her arm broke, it came out of nowhere. The men surrounded her and she had no recollection of how and when they managed to get in front of her with such ease. "Hey, pretty lady." She clutched her purse that's strapped across her chest tightly, ready to use it as a wacking device. Aurora didn't really know what to do, she's never been in this kind of situation before.

One by one, the men began tightening the circle around her, she stopped walking. Assessing the situation, there's no way in hell she could ever take on the six men. But there's a way on Earth that this dumbass will go down fighting. "Back up, Mr. Clean." It was obvious to her that the man was bald as the parts of the sun that was left in the sky shone on his head. He chuckled, amused by her sass.

Aurora didn't know what she could do. She couldn't run, she couldn't fight. Then it hit her, she has the scream of a baby. Sounding like the goddamn Purge alarm whenever she holds the highest note known to man (please do not Google if that's true, because it is). If Aurora screamed loud enough someone was bound to hear, right?

She closed her eyes and opened her mouth to let out a loud screech, but something covered it. Oh, fuck, Aurora was going to die. Or at least she thought she was. But that's until the hand covering her mouth disappeared and the sounds of fighting ensued. She didn't want to open her eyes and when she finally did, the men that surrounded her were on the ground writhing in pain. She looked from the ground to the assailant, it's him. The one with the silver arm.

He saved her, oh holy fuck. Aurora gave him one last look before practically pushing him out of the way and ran all the way home.