18 | four out of five

⎯⎯ THE OFFICE WAS FULL OF LIGHT DUE TO THE OPEN WINDOWS AND AURORA ENJOYED THE FEELING OF THE SUN KISSING HER SKIN

⎯⎯ THE OFFICE WAS FULL OF LIGHT DUE TO THE OPEN WINDOWS AND AURORA ENJOYED THE FEELING OF THE SUN KISSING HER SKIN. She closed her eyes– although she and Tony were having a serious conversation –Aurora was trying to ignore how serious it was. How serious it is to be bound to Earth's Mightiest Heroes. And how fucking much the universe hated Aurora.

"Do you know how many you have?"

She nodded, "More or less..."

"What does that mean?" Tony leaned his back against the chair, tipping backward ever so slightly. Aurora has no idea how to explain it. How she knows that she has a whopping five soulmates.

Aurora narrows her eyes in thought, "You know how there are signs you have a soulmate? Like not seeing color, for example, the most basic of 'symptoms'." Tony nodded, following her train of thought with ease. "Well, I show more than that... obviously the writing, with you. The lack of color for me was split between two people. There's three." Tony's eyebrows shot up his head, three soulmates were unheard of. Having two was already significantly rare.

"The scar connection, how when they hurt themselves... you don't feel the wound you just get the scar? Four..." Her voice was growing quiet, "I don't know if you know this, but when I interviewed for this job, my arm was broken."

Tony nodded, "I remember seeing someone in an arm brace."

"Well, that's because my fifth and final soulmate is connected to me through wounds. Whenever something happens to them, it happens to me. I was really fucked up one time, I couldn't walk for an entire week, my bones were shattered... or at least it felt like that."

He had a hand on his chin, Aurora took it as he was thinking. "Do you know who they are?"

Aurora shrugged, "I know you and... two others. But I've met four out of five. You're the second one who knows." He made a noise, 'hmph'. Aurora couldn't tell if he was stumped or surprised.

 "So, who are they?" Aurora chuckled dryly at the very basic question. Oh, where to start? She thought to herself. Where to start? Seriously Aurora, figure this shit out, I'm here to add obstacles that's all.

"Well..."