04 | clumsy mob boss

⎯⎯ AS MUCH AS AURORA LOVED TELEVISION, SHE HATED COMMERCIALS

⎯⎯ AS MUCH AS AURORA LOVED TELEVISION, SHE HATED COMMERCIALS. But not having a paying job– or any job frankly –meant cable. She was lucky enough to even get the station that played reruns of her favorite show, The Office. She could quote almost every single episode and as proud of that feat as she was... she was also kind of embarrassed to admit that.

But it's a good thing she lives alone and never shows her face to the world unless it's an unneeded trip to Barnes and Noble or the local 7Eleven... usually to get the unneeded sweets or books. Aurora's apartment is overflowing with various genres of books. A majority of them showcase fantasy elements only seen in fictional universes. One much like her own, not that she knows this.

Aurora has loved the idea of heroes since she was young. Way before the sky ripped open and worm-like aliens poured out like beans. Aurora didn't like thinking of how it truly looked and how truly horrified she had been when it happened. The screams tore through her as she writhed in pain in the apartment's basement. When she felt a scar create itself through a long cut up her back.

Her soulmate was being murdered but for some reason, after the long laceration healed, wounds kept appearing after the Battle of New York. This brought Aurora to the conclusion that her soulmate was either some weird mob boss (which sounded as crazy to her as it probably does to you) OR a clumsy dumbass like herself.

Not that Aurora would ever admit to being an idiot. She's got enough common sense to survive on her own in New York, but there's something about her terribly good luck that makes her grind her teeth. Ever since her arm broke, it's been in a cast, healing. For nearly two months. It's hurt for what seems like forever, her doctor said she was being dramatic.

And the lie she had to come up with would surprise anyone. It was completely unrealistic, but her doctor knows her track record and believes her when she says she "Tripped into a window and fell." But of course, all she did was bloody live her life. Too bad Aurora had no choice but to lie her ass off during another interview. That's another story...