34 | A Bit Different

⎯⎯ SHE HAD EXPECTED TO WANT TO ESCAPE HER FATHER BEFORE THE PARTY

⎯⎯ SHE HAD EXPECTED TO WANT TO ESCAPE HER FATHER BEFORE THE PARTY. Now she was glad he came. Aurora knew he wanted to drill her with questions but he stuck to the normal script. How are you, what have you been up to, and what have you.

It was so nice to finally just talk about nothing. No soulmate bullshit, no room arrangements, no meeting peoples families. Just simple, down to earth talking. No thoughts, just talking.

"You know your mom is coming up in a few weeks, right?"

She nearly choked on her drink, "What?" Nobody has mentioned this to her.

Aurora loved her mother but their relationship wasn't the best due to her leaving and all. She sent money now and again but it's been ages since she last saw her mom.

John nodded, eyes focused on something behind her, "Is that... Steve Rogers?" She spun around and tilted her head at the sight of him lifting a couch with two people sitting on it.

"Uh, yea... I think so?" Aurora thought super soldiers couldn't get drunk. Thor must have slipped him some mead.

"Isn't he one of--" She nodded harshly. "Weird."

"Tell me about it."

As they watched Steve hold the couch above his head, she realized something. The Avengers really were just a bunch of people. They were just a bit different than the average person.

That made her smile at the sight of Steve letting loose. It was weird seeing him act like that but the smile on his stupid face was worth it. Aurora's not really felt that much for her soulmates but the more time she spent with them, the more she realized how meant to be they all were.

Sure it was a lot to deal with but they were kind of worth it. Thank god for some of them being soulmates as well because if they weren't, things would be very awkward.