22 | unannounced crying

⎯⎯ AS SOON AS SHE REACHED HER HOME, SHE COLLAPSED ON THE FLOOR AND INSTEAD OF BINGING RERUNS, SHE CRIED

⎯⎯ AS SOON AS SHE REACHED HER HOME, SHE COLLAPSED ON THE FLOOR AND INSTEAD OF BINGING RERUNS, SHE CRIED. A lot. A lot more than anyone should ever cry in any situation. For Aurora, she just felt so damn stressed, she'd been handling it well, very well in fact. Because in any other situation, Aurora would tap out after the first round. But this time, she kept fighting because it couldn't have been true.

But now that she knows her worst fear is true, it's like a goddamn bomb went off in her head and she's just watching the people inside scream for help. The Winter Soldier is her soulmate. It caused alarm bells to screech inside her head, bouncing off the sides of her head until she faints.

Or at least, that's what Aurora thinks happened. She jumps off of the floor and falls onto her couch at the sound of her phone blasting "Wake me up before you go-go" by Wham!. Aurora struggles to get her phone out of her purse but manages to before the call goes to voicemail. "Hello?" Her voice is breathless, she had struggled a bit more than she would like to admit to get her phone from her purse.

"Ms. Jameson?" The voice was vaguely familiar, Aurora knows she heard it before but she can't place the person.

Aurora nodded and ran a hand down her face, "That's me."

"Are you coming into work today? Or are you taking an unannounced sick day?" Her eyebrows crinkled, Aurora could have sworn yesterday was Friday... making today, Saturday.

She stood up and walked toward the calendar magnet on her fridge and sure enough, it was Friday. "Uh, no..." Aurora pulled her phone away from her mouth as she yawned. "I'll be coming in. I should be there in like... ten or twenty minutes."

"Thank you." The sound of the beep in Aurora's ear confused her, the caller hadn't even introduced themselves. Who in the world would even call and make sure she was coming into work?

"Whatever, it doesn't matter..." Aurora went to shower to start getting ready for work. If she were in control of which information about her life is told, you wouldn't know that she cried in the shower. It was due to the anxiety of getting scolded and the fact that she slept on her living room floor. But she did cry, she cried a fucking lot.