28 | godly intentions

⎯⎯ AURORA'S HEAD SNAPPED UP UPON HEARING LOKI'S VOICE, THOR HAD MENTIONED THIS BROTHER HAD A HABIT OF SNEAKING UP ON PEOPLE WHEN THEY MET

⎯⎯ AURORA'S HEAD SNAPPED UP UPON HEARING LOKI'S VOICE, THOR HAD MENTIONED THIS BROTHER HAD A HABIT OF SNEAKING UP ON PEOPLE WHEN THEY MET. He stood by the island, eyes watching Aurora curiously. He saw how she held her right arm, she didn't seem to put weight on it and that made Loki tilt his head.

"You just gonna stand there and stare... or?"

Bucky laughed, "You jump when he walks in but immediately question him, you're so interesting."

"This might be the first time we agree on something, Barnes." Loki's voice was steady and smooth. Aurora noticed a distinct difference between him and Bucky. Loki stood tall and confidently while Bucky just relaxed. It was weird seeing how different the two were.

Loki breathed in, "I wanted to ask if you'd like to have lunch with me, Aurora."

She looked at him funny, why would Loki be interested in spending time with her? "I don't know if Bucky had anything planned for us or not but I guess we could if Bucky didn't..."

Bucky shook his head, "I've got training with Steve and this new kid, sorry,"

"No, it's okay." Aurora cursed up and down in her head, "Guess lunch it is, Loki."

She didn't dislike the god, she just didn't know him or his intentions. He wasn't one of her soulmates so why'd he care about spending time with her? Then she remembered that friends exist and wanted to smack herself on the head.

"I'll leave you to get ready, meet me on the roof whenever you're done." Loki walked off after that which left Aurora even more confused.

"I think that's the least I've ever heard that guy talk," Bucky said with a chuckle.

Aurora nodded, "Yea he seems off and I don't even know him."