27 | bucket barnes

⎯⎯ BUCKY TURNED OUT TO BE MUCH DIFFERENT THAN AURORA HAD ORIGINALLY EXPECTED

⎯⎯ BUCKY TURNED OUT TO BE MUCH DIFFERENT THAN AURORA HAD ORIGINALLY EXPECTED. She'd expected a brooding quiet man with a penchant for anger but he was surprisingly sweet. The next few days she was offered vacation days as a way to get to know everyone in the tower. It was... really nice. She hadn't had a chance to tell her dad about everything yet though.

"You can't just say you like something then not have a reason for why that's unreasonable." Bucky shrugged at Aurora.

"Yes I can, you know why? Because I don't know why I like it. The Office isn't even that good I just really fucking love it, you know?"

He rolled his eyes and it made Aurora do the same in return. "Okay, fine. I kind of understand what you mean. But there has to be some reason why,"

"I'm sorry, Buck, I just don't know. Maybe it's because I grew up on it. I dunno." She made a show of shrugging before flopping down on the sofa with an 'oomf'. "This place is fucking huge by the way, how do you remember where everything is?"

Bucky leaned in closer to her, "I don't. I just follow everyone else around and hope I've found my destination."

"You can't be serious," He nodded with an embarrassed smile, "Huh, maybe I'm not the only idiot in here after all."

"Hey now, I did not say that. I said my memory is shit, that's all."

Aurora laughed at Bucky's immediate defense of himself. "I'm messing with you, Bucky. Calm down old man, wouldn't want you to break something with all that tension in your shoulders."

Buck snorted at her, "Haha, that's hilarious." He stretched his arms upward and Aurora couldn't help but stare at him, he was fucking gorgeous and it annoyed her so much. "Gonna have to come up with something better than that, I've lived here for a year and Tony's called me every name in the goddamn book."

"Try me," She threatened, ready for battle.

He narrowed his eyes, "No, you try me."

Is he flirting with me? She thought before shaking her head at herself, he wouldn't... would he? "Are you flirting with me?" FUCK! The words came out before she had a chance to stop them.

"Maybe, if you don't mind that is."

Aurora smiled at the sentiment, feeling even more comfortable around him, "You're such a sap, Mr. Bucket Barnes."

"Ouch, that's a new one,"

She jumped up in excitement, "Told you I was wittier than Tony Stark," She exclaimed loudly, pointing at Bucky due to the happiness.

"I'd reckon you're taller too," That's a new voice.