12 | unlucky spoiler

⎯⎯ THE ELEVATOR WAS SILENT ALL BUT FOR THE HUMMING NOISE IT MADE, THE SOUND DROVE AURORA MAD

⎯⎯ THE ELEVATOR WAS SILENT ALL BUT FOR THE HUMMING NOISE IT MADE, THE SOUND DROVE AURORA MAD. She's always had an issue with almost noises. To her, it's either be really fucking loud or be silent as a goddamn mouse at gunpoint. It's a very stark difference between the two but the noises that aren't quite loud enough to be considered a noise have bothered her more than the sounds of drills and gunfire.

When the elevator finally slowed to a stop, she held the box in both hands tightly. For some reason, she was nervous and could feel words getting pressed into her skin as she walked toward the office. It wasn't on her arm which was odd, typically whoever wrote on themselves would scribble words into their forearm and wrist. The tickling sensation in the center of Aurora's palm is difficult to ignore as she makes her way toward the office.

What surprises her besides the feeling of pen marks on her skin is that a man is sitting at the desk. The voice had sounded incredibly sleepy so she didn't want to assume anything. But she had been told her boss was a female. Then the realization dawns upon her when the head of brown hair looks up, "Holy shit you're Tony Stank–" Aurora halted as the words tumbled out of her mouth, curse that old man! "shit I meant Stark– haha– Sorry?" She knew the save wasn't good enough.

She took a quick look around the office, knowing she was about to be fired. "Did that old man say that again, christ... I swear, every time he learns my name..." Tony made a motion with his hands that Aurora knew meant 'come here' but she was frozen in place, terrified that she was going to get fired. Tony lifted his hands in confusion which caused her brown eyes to zero in on the blue circle in the middle of his palm.

Aurora looks at the ceiling as if the universe couldn't already feel her pain. Too bad she doesn't know that the narrator is just a bored asshole teen with only six hours of sleep! "Why are you just standing there, bring me the package." Tony sounded bored, which made sense to Aurora.

"Yep, sorry." She kept her head down, scared to piss him off. She sat the box on the desk and made sure to keep her hand covered. She didn't want him to know... she didn't want to know. As much as she knows soulmates are supposed to be perfect for their other half... she felt weird even thinking of the Tony Stark as her soulmate... but he was with Pepper Potts and older than Aurora by nearly her own age.

"You're one of the new girls, right?" Aurora nodded, still staring at the wonderfully interesting floor. The dark color is soo– "Hello?" She had gotten too focused on the flooring, she glances up and meets his equally dark brown eyes. She wouldn't lie, he's handsome. But what are the odds that two out of the five soulmates she's been 'gifted' happen to be superheroes? She can't be that unlucky... can she?

(Spoiler: the answer is yes, yes it can)