07 | baby fever

⎯⎯ BEING BORN IS AN ODD PROSPECT, AURORA HAS THOUGHT ABOUT CHILDBIRTH TOO MANY TIMES TO COUNT AND EACH TIME SHE'D CRINGE AT THE IDEA

⎯⎯ BEING BORN IS AN ODD PROSPECT, AURORA HAS THOUGHT ABOUT CHILDBIRTH TOO MANY TIMES TO COUNT AND EACH TIME SHE'D CRINGE AT THE IDEA. She wanted children, there was no doubt. But the thought of putting herself in such a position... willingly... made her wonder how the population grew to be so large. When did women decide to just... go through the pain?

But then Aurora thinks about the possibility of teaching a child the rights and wrongs of this place. Of how to take care of themselves and how to write: You ugly whore! I wish I could say "Sike! Got ya!" But I cannot lie, Aurora is a goofball along with being an idiot. She loves the idea of children... just not around her. If that makes any sense at all.

That's the only reason why Aurora has liked the thought of having a soulmate. That's why she's only ever wanted the one, male or female. She didn't mind having to adopt, in fact, she'd welcome it with open arms. No pain, only gain. "What are you doing?" She screeched, the loudest she's ever managed to scream in her entire life.

The gruff voice of her father terrified her into next week. "Oh my god!" Aurora clutched her chest, breathing fast and hard before yelling a string of curses, "WHAT THE FUCK, DAD?!" Her voice was agitated and still high from the fear, she reached her arm out to slap his arm but he dodged it.

"Almost got me there, kiddo."

"How the hell did you get in? I locked the door." Her voice was laced with confusion.

John smiled, holding up a silver key, who the hell gave this man a key to her apartment? She narrowed her eyes in thought, "You may have been drunk when you gave it to me, but I don't remember, I was drunk. How are you? Haven't seen you since you broke your arm." Here comes 'concerned father'. A man who only makes an appearance when Aurora's not around for more than two weeks.

Aurora thought about the possibility that she drunkenly gave her father the key to her cramped apartment, she sighed and agreed. "Sounds about right, how are things at the Daily Bugle?" His face dropped. "Not good?"

"It's a newspaper company and people ain't using them as much as they used to."

"I'll buy like a million if that'll make you feel any better?"

He shook his greying head, "No, no, I couldn't ask you to use my money to buy things from my place of work. How'd that little interview go anyhow?"

Aurora shrugged, "I think it went okay... it was the fifth one in two months so I'm hoping I'm right."

"Well that's good, but remember, there's always room at the ole' Bugle for you."

She scoffed louder than what was necessary, "Yea, sure. Those interns would eat me alive." Her father's loud, hearty laugh filled the lonely apartment. For the first time in weeks, it was nice to have company.