29 | lunch w/the devil

⎯⎯  AFTER A PHONE CALL WITH HER DAD, AURORA MADE HER WAY TO THE ROOF TO MEET LOKI FOR

⎯⎯  AFTER A PHONE CALL WITH HER DAD, AURORA MADE HER WAY TO THE ROOF TO MEET LOKI FOR... lunch. It sounded dumb in her head that Loki invited her to lunch and even dumber when she said it out loud. Her beloved father told her to push him off the roof which she immediately shut down. Despite her current feelings toward Loki being a step toward negative, she knew it wasn't her place to question him.

She still wanted to ask him what the fuck he was thinking when he rained hellfire on New York. He was being controlled. Aurora reminds herself as she's walking out the door.

There's two of her favorite dishes set out on the patio table and Loki's standing behind a chair with a nervous smile on his face. It seemed his entire attitude changed in the span of twenty minutes. He appeared to be on edge.

"Are you... okay?" She asked, a bit worried he was losing it.

Loki nodded, "I'm excellent, I hope you are too." She blinked at him a few times silently, wondering what was up. "Sit, please." According to Natasha, Loki was never polite... and here he was, being polite.

Aurora sat in the chair and he pushed it in for her, "Thanks. Where'd you get this?"

He rubbed his elbow, "I made it with the help of Tony's little computer,"

"JARVIS knows how to cook? That's... sweet, thank you," For some reason, a part of Aurora wanted to give Loki a chance. It was weird but she felt like it was important to do so. "How'd you know these were my favorites?"

He sat down across from her, "I might have enlisted the help of an intern... or two."

Aurora crinkled her eyebrows at him, wondering who would have known-- "Oh! You're talking about that kid, aren't you? Parker? I did think it was weird that he was asking so many questions," She laughed at the thought that Loki needed help getting to know her. "Can't you read minds though?"

"I can, yes. My brother said it's rude to read minds... so I restrained myself."

Maybe Loki wasn't so bad after all. Aurora thanked him and they got to eating. "Holy fucking shit, this is magical." She struggled not to dissolve into nothing-ness right there. "My mom used to make this all the time before she--" Aurora cut herself off. He didn't need to know about how her mom left.

Some would expect Aurora to despise her mom for leaving but honestly, now that Aurora was older, she understood why her mom left. Her mom wasn't completely out of her life, they still spoke now and again but it wasn't the same as when she lived with her dad and mom.

"Did she have many soulmates, too?"

The question threw Aurora off but she nodded, "Yea, one more. Left my dad for him, actually."