17 | handwriting match

⎯⎯ THE RADIO WAS THE ONLY SOUND IN THE ROOM AS TONY STARED AT AURORA, WAITING FOR HER TO ROLL HER SLEEVES UP AND SHOW HER

⎯⎯ THE RADIO WAS THE ONLY SOUND IN THE ROOM AS TONY STARED AT AURORA, WAITING FOR HER TO ROLL HER SLEEVES UP AND SHOW HER... clean arms? No, Aurora was sure the marks were still there. Her message was poorly washed off and she wanted to know if Tony had it. "I show you mine, you show me yours." Now that she had proved her 'innocence' she felt a spike of adrenaline.

He must have scrubbed the pen off of his skin before he came down here. Aurora was thankful that she hadn't exposed herself. Tony rolled his sleeves further up his forearms and twisted them around until Aurora saw it. She had written it at the base of her left palm (right-handed people things). Goddamnit! The faded letters still held her message. "If you're going to write on yourself, at least wash it off on the same day. I've got an office job and wearing long sleeves isn't fun >:(!"

Yes, Aurora put an angry smiley. No, she did not regret it. So it was confirmed. Three of her soulmates are Avengers. One of them is some random (that's what she thinks) and the last one, she hasn't had any encounters with. "Holy shit." Her voice was low as she held her head in her hands. She took a deep breath and showed him her wrist.

Something that sounded like a strangling man and a screeching cat escaped his lips. "I knew it!" He exclaimed which forced Aurora to tilt her head like a confused puppy. "The handwriting was too close, but I couldn't tell because the writing would disappear a few hours later..." Tony sounded proud of himself, which bewildered Aurora even more. How had he seen her handwriting before now? Or on anything but his skin?

"You fill out the forms, right?" Oh, that made sense. Aurora hadn't thought about the various forms she'd fill out to make sure that all of the information of who'd gone inside wasn't wiped in case of a server crash.

"Yea, but..." How did he know it was her... "...how did you know?"

"When you delivered that box, the pen stained the box. I just needed an excuse to come down here and you're always gritting your teeth and glaring at the fridge."

Of course, he has cameras in here. "What's going to happen now?"

"I don't know... you aren't the only one I have." Aurora found comfort in the thought. Perhaps he'd choose the other soulmate over her and then all issues would be avoided.

Aurora smiled, "That's nice to know... because... I have some news buckaroo." Tony raised an eyebrow as she prepared to drop the 'I have five soulmates' bomb on him. How does one word such a volatile sentence?