25 | soulmate meeting

⎯⎯ SHE WAS NERVOUS BEYOND BELIEF, HER SUPPOSED "SOULMATE MEETING" WAS MERE STEPS AWAY

⎯⎯ SHE WAS NERVOUS BEYOND BELIEF, HER SUPPOSED "SOULMATE MEETING" WAS MERE STEPS AWAY. Natasha must have noticed because she offered Aurora some words of encouragement.

"This is super informal, just trying to figure things out. Who's gonna stay and who might go. But I think Tony just wants to see how many clowns the universe stuck you with."

Natasha opened the door for Aurora (she refused to look in the room until Natasha entered and sat at the wide table). Aurora opened her eyes and froze in place, every single person except for one was an Avenger. She noticed two too many people.

"I only counted five or four soulmates? Honestly,'' I don't even remember at this point,"

Tony nodded, "We all live here, they deserve to be in this conversation of what the hell are we gonna do." He leaned on the back of a chair with his hands tightly gripping it.

"Come on, Tony, take this seriously." Steve chastised.

Tony rolled his eyes, "We've got plenty of options, I'm just saying." He shrugged while talking.

Aurora sat across from everyone, "Uh, I don't know everyone's... proper names. Only hero names because I'm lazy." She forced a smile upon admitting to her own incompetence.

"Tony, Natasha, Steve, Bucky and Banner-- shit, sorry, Bruce."

"I don't know where the hell the space boys are but they're around here somewhere." Tony made a show of 'looking around'.

Aurora nodded, "K', nice to meet everyone, I'm Aurora Jameson and I feel like the universe is fucking me with a chainsaw, how about you?"

A few moments of silence enveloped the group before Bucky let out a quiet laugh which prompted Natasha to question him, "I've never heard you laugh, like ever."

"She's funny, Natasha." He argued.

Steve agreed with a "yea, she is," and Tony of course said, "told you so."

"She's right here." That came from Aurora. All eyes were on her, shit. She instantly regretted speaking up. "Okay please stop staring, it's making me super uncomfortable." Multiple apologies rose up from the fucking Avengers. It made her want to laugh but she silenced the urge, they'd already looked at her like she was crazy.