19 | get with the program

⎯⎯ AURORA DIDN'T WANT TO TELL HIM THAT HIS COLLEAGUES WERE HER SOULMATES

 ⎯⎯ AURORA DIDN'T WANT TO TELL HIM THAT HIS COLLEAGUES WERE HER SOULMATES. But she had no choice but to admit it. Admit that the famed Captain America and infamous Black Widow were two of her soulmates. Admit that a man with a silver arm gave her the ability to see purple. And admit that all of her soulmates were superheroes. Or at least the first two are. Aurora suddenly realized that the universe was calling her weak.

Dick move, Universe. She thought to herself. "Why are you always looking at the ceiling?" Aurora's wide eyes met Tony's, he'd noticed?

"Uh... it's my way of um... calming down?" Her voice rose in volume as she asked it as a question rather than stating it. She needed to see if he believed her. Which he obviously didn't believe the terrible lie because Aurora is a class-A dumbass. "The universe hates me?" She tries and lo and behold, Tony believes her.

"Sounds about right, you've got five soulmates. That's just askin' for trouble. So, who are these lucky guys?"

"And girl."

Tony paused, "Huh?"

"One's a woman." Tony stared at Aurora, almost gauging her response, she looked completely calm at the thought. Aurora actually liked the idea of having a female soulmate, someone who could understand her struggles with much more ease than a man ever could. Aurora tried to find a good way to go about explaining it, but the sound of the door opening behind her made her turn around in question.

Steve motherfucking (not that he's fucking anybody) Rogers burst in the room. "I've got to talk to you–" He halted, staring wide-eyed at Aurora, "What's going on?" Aurora prays that he doesn't mention how they're soulmates. Please don't be an idiot, don't be an idiot. "Aurora?" Steve remembered her name from almost two weeks ago. Fuck! Aurora wanted to scream.

"You two know each other?" No shit Tony. A sarcastic remark was itching to exit Aurora's mouth. Obviously, if Steve recognized her, they knew one another?

Almost as if asking for permission, Steve looks to Aurora. She just shrugs and holds her head in her hands. "We're... soulmates."

"You've got to be shitting me!" Tony exclaimed loudly and it startled Aurora, she looked up and Tony was staring at her, a question not yet vocalized. She gave a small nod. "How about that? Of all people... goddamn. What is the percentage of that happening, does anyone have an equation?" I do and it's 'I hate my characters so much I make them suffer through way too much for absolutely no reason.' "So, there's no equation but I would like to guess your other soulmates?"

Aurora raised an eyebrow as Steve crinkled his, "Other?"

"I have five, get with the program old man."

Tony nearly chuckled but remembered that his second soulmate had five. "One is a woman, right?" Aurora nodded, "Is she Natasha Romanoff?"

"Her name's Natasha? What the fuck I was guessing the most basic names and couldn't come up with Natasha?!"