Rick's Tricks ~ Michonne's Treats

Once upon a time, in a land far away, there was a king

Once upon a time, in a land far away, there was a king...a vampire king...

King Richard Grimes was a handsome man and charming in ways that made even the highest caliber of lady swoon upon sight

King Richard Grimes was a handsome man and charming in ways that made even the highest caliber of lady swoon upon sight. Women wished to be with him, even dressing provocatively to bring his eye their way. Even so, did not stand a chance at capturing the vampire's attention. For bound to him was a creature of such beauty and sweet exoticism that the King's eyes did not wander. His beautiful Magi Michonne Laveau was both his greatest ally and his greatest enemy, challenging him in ways he found frustratingly alluring. As unlikely as their coupling was, it was nothing if not wonderful in its truly unique way.

Some say she loved him only for his power or his wealth. Others believed she was tricked into the relationship. While others would suggest, that Rick and Michonne knew differently. The King no matter how he had desired her for years would only have her when he knew he had truly won over her other suitors. This was of the highest importance to him, for he was a person of honor.

The King's territory was one of high order and those who lived within it were lucky to be sworn to him, everyone wanted to be a part of his retainer. All the while still being feared for his ruthlessness when necessary, no one dared cross the King of the Konsekans.

So powerful was this King that he was nearly sovereign. Perhaps one day there would come a time when the King's power was tested when his sworn loyalty would be questioned. Nothing could remain perfect forever, such as the nature of living. For now, though, all was peaceful in the land. So peaceful in fact, that the King dared to take the chance to participate in a holiday festivity with his lovely Magi, High Priestess of the Cherokee Rose Coven.

As our tale begins, we see the couple preparing for their night...

"You know for a five-hundred-year-old vampire, you're a big baby."

"Woman, do you enjoy referring to me as a tiny human despite my status?"

"I'm simply telling the truth. I can't help how you act."

"I would not be acting like a 'baby,' as you say if you were not forcing me to go to this All Hollows Eve gathering."

"It's a Halloween party Rick, and I'm not forcing you to do anything, besides, you asked me what I wanted to do, and this is how I answered. You said it could be anything."