The Party Crasher

AN: A/U – Rated PG-13- twenty-something California ladies Michonne, Maggie, and Sasha throw a party and experience an unexpected surprise

"Maggie, oh god, look at all this mess. It's going to take all day to clean up and we won't get a chance to hit the beach at all." Michonne pouted to her roommate.

It is Saturday, mid-morning, Michonne and Maggie are cleaning up after the party they threw for their ex-roommate Sasha the night before. Sasha is leaving Crescent City, California on her way to her new job and life in Seattle, Washington.

"I love Sasha and all but never again. I just got the last crasher out not too long ago. Remind me again, whose idea was it to throw the party on the night before she flies out?"

Walking into the living room, Maggie steps over and around trash bag mounds filled with paper cups, cans, and beer bottles. Handing Michonne a mug of coffee, she replies "Why Sasha's, of course."

Looking at each other and clinking coffee mugs, they say together, "Figures."

Suddenly they hear a strange noise coming from the bathroom, causing both girls to jump. Maggie decides to investigate and finds a man in there, sleeping in the tub. She grabs the nearest weapon to her, a plunger, and slowly backs out of the room.

Running to Michonne, she frantically whispers, "There's a man asleep and snoring in our tub!"

"Well, how did he get in there!" Michonne whispers back.

"Hell if I know!" Maggie says wide-eyed. "He could be a friend of Sasha's, or worse, a friend of a friend! I've never seen him before and I ... I ... hell, did you know any of the people in our house last night?"

Michonne thinks about it, shrugs, and says, "Not really, Sasha is the popular one. Well, let's not just sit here; we have to find out who he is." She moves like she's about to go into the bathroom when Maggie pulls her back.

"Wait! What if he's armed?"

"Well, what should we do, call the police? He could wake up by then." She grabs an umbrella from the stand next to the door. "Follow my lead."

Both girls tiptoe into the bathroom holding their 'weapons' like 'firearms'. Michonne turns on the shower and sprays cold water on the intruder to wake him up. The girls start to scream as the man tries to get up. Maggie shouts rather forcefully, "Put down your weapon!"

Both the man and Michonne look at Maggie, then each other, and burst out laughing. Maggie pretends for a second that her feelings are hurt but gets over it and asks, "Who are you?"

The man stands to his full height with a soaked brown t-shirt clinging to his muscular frame; he lets loose a charming smile and says, "I'm Rick Grimes."

In unison, the girls utter an "Ohhh!", and then fall silent as they take in all of Rick from head to toe.

Rick smirks, taking his cue to continue talking, "Sasha and I grew up together in Atlanta and she invited me to crash her since everyone was wasted last night, all the good places had been taken, so all I had was the tub."