Yogurt Vs. Cake

A/N: My ill attempt at humor... Rick must choose between Michonne or Jessie, good ole honest Abe (Abraham Ford) offers his advice on how Rick can decide.

Inspired By: My constant temptation for all things chocolate.

Song: Nina Simone The Turning Point

Rated PG

*****

The moon is high in the night sky, but the light isn't enough to light all the darkened corners of the forest. The black crawls all around them, thick branches that block out moonbeams hide the reanimated humans who roam just beyond the safety of the walls. Rick hears the patio door creak open; he's too distracted by thoughts to acknowledge whomever it was joining him on the porch.

"So what're you gonna do?" Abe asks, partly out of curiosity, but mostly out of boredom. Deanna's party was a snooze-fest.

Rick raised an eyebrow and stoically peered at his ginger-haired friend for a moment. "What am I gonna do about what?" The dark-haired man finally asked. He had several conflicts on his mind, a platter of shit to deal with, he wasn't sure what Abraham was referring to.

"I guess I should be asking, who're you gonna choose."

Now Abe's query made perfect sense; Rick furrowed his brow in frustration. He tried not to be agitated by his presence, he knew Abe did not mean any harm.

"You make it sound as simple as picking a dessert off a menu."

"It is that easy," Abe said confidently, taking a swig of his bottled beer. "Which one do you think has the sweetest pudding? Who do you want to dip your spoon in the most? Who has the most potential to make you erupt with desire?" Abe says with a hearty chuckle.

Rick fans a dismissive hand at Abe, "Do you realize how dumb that sounds."

"It might sound silly, but just think about it." Abe makes his way towards the patio door. "You might piss one of them off, but at least you won't have to keep running from both of 'em." Abe went into the house, leaving Rick to his thoughts.

For the past three days, Rick's been avoiding both women. After arriving at Deanna's dinner party, he quickly retreated to the porch when both ladies arrived together. The tension between the trios was so thick, that Michonne's Katana couldn't cut through it. Rick took a deep exasperated sigh. A few days ago Jessie and Michonne had given Rick an ultimatum.

Rick had a choice to make.

His choice had an impending possibility to create hostility and could ultimately divide the group. One of the ladies would feel the sting of Rick's unrequited love. Rick paced back and forth on the porch in deep thought...

Jessie...Even though I just met her, she reminds me of where I came from. She's home-grown strawberries and cream sweet. The type of fresh fruit my mother would pick at the farmer's market. She's healthy and wholesome. Jessie is a fruit-filled Greek Yogurt. A velvety, sweet, and creamy dessert. The gratifying consistency and delectable flavor make her extremely palatable, especially when infused with strawberries and honey.

She'd be a treat.

Michonne, who has slowly built a strong bond with me and my family is a tradition that breaks all boundaries. She's exotic, decadent, and unattainable. Michonne is Chocolate Cake. But not just any chocolate cake. Her lovely face is shaped like a chocolate mousse covered in shiny chocolate ganache, laid on a bed of chopped macadamia nuts. Her lips and smile are raspberries and white chocolate sauce. Her voice and attitude were pure viscous wrapped in warm throat soothing sauce. The constancy that melts your mouth. Her incredible body was sculpted from head to toe. A chocolate cookie in the shape of a clamshell with chocolate syrup stripes on the back of the cookie with whipped mousse frosting, a bitter and simultaneously sweet taste, and smell that puts me in a serene mental state. With the rich deep shades of brown on every delicious layer, this cake is a slice of pure happiness on my white Styrofoam plate.

Damn, I guess Abe was right...This is a no-brainer...

I'll be extra kind when I tell yogurt- I mean Jessie, that cake- I mean Michonne is the only dessert- I mean woman for me.