III: I Heard A Kiss From You

A/N: Part III Of 1-900- Richonne 

After my nice little lunch hour, the rest of the workday took a slight decline. Back at the office, the first thing I noticed was Carol, she looked visibly upset.

"He has no right to fire me!" Her voice held a slight tremble that echoed across the lobby. She sprung up from her seat and ran over to me from behind her desk. She stood right in front of me, preventing me from proceeding down the hall.

"Fire you?"

"That was not my fault!" She went on, calling Shane all types of 'assholes' and I was quickly able to deduce he was the reason for her annoyance. Now it was time to figure out why.

"Carol, you'll need to back up and tell me what is going on?" I asked firmly and maneuvered, so I could make my way down the hall.

"He never told me who could or couldn't come in, for all I knew, he called them over to have a threesome."

"Called who...Carol, what the hell are you talking about?" I asked her, she was on the verge of tears at this point.

"Why are you still here?" Shane stormed out of his office yelling.

He closed the door behind him, but not before I got a glimpse of the destroyed room.

"I'm not going anywhere until I talk to Rick," Carol opposed.

"Hold on," I snapped at them both, "Let's go to my office and talk this out."

Carol huffed and nodded. Shane gave me a disapproving glare. I pushed past them both and went the rest of the way down the hall to my office. I was seated all of two seconds when the noise began again.

"I can't believe Carol let those crazy bitches' storm in on me like that." Shane's grating voice seeped into my ear, his tone was ridiculously high pitched when he was upset.

"Hey, man-whore, don't blame this shit on me," Carol leaned against my desk crossing her arms. She was facing Shane so I couldn't see her face, but I didn't have too, I knew she was starring hot daggers into his face, just as I was, my gut was telling me that Shane is the one who screwed up the most, "stop trying to date all the models in Seattle and maybe you can get your work done on time." Carol said her voice was downright scary.

"I don't tell you how to do your job," Shane hissed back, "Oh that's right, a capuchin could do your job."

"That's enough!" I sneered at them both, knowing exactly what transpired, "Now it's my turn to talk."

I stand from my desk and move to the middle of the room, standing in between them, "So let me get this straight, Carol let two, 'vengeful vixens' finesse their way into the office while you were on a conference call with the shareholders." I huff in disbelief while shifting my gaze to Shane, "Instead of escorting your uninvited guest out, you get into a big clusterfuck with them. The shareholders got an earful, some hung up and are done with us for good. When the dust finally settles, you thought it would be a good idea to fire Carol."

Shane looked positively stunned, his mouth parted slightly, I turn my stern gaze to Carol, "Carol, you're certainly not fired, but you need to do a better job screening onsite guest. No one should be able to walk into our office off the street without an appointment. If they won't leave call security immediately, Understood..."

"Yes sir," She took a deep breath in relief and promptly made her way towards the door.

"The least you could do is apologize," Shane tittered just as Carol walked past him.