Red Light Special

A/N: Fun-loving friend Maggie Greene arranges an unconventional birthday present for her beautiful, shy- workaholic friend Michonne Wright.

Rated NC -17

Warning: Dichonne/Richonne- A/U-OOC

Song: Red Light Special by TLC

MICHONNE POV

The day could not get any more fucked up. I thought to myself as my bastard client Phillip Blake screamed at me through the phone.

"I'll see to it, Mr. Blake," I promised my boss. Although my voice sounded confident on the outside, I cringed inside like a mouse to a snake. After he hangs up in my face, I slam the phone on the receiver and massage my aching temples. I was already behind on my daily task. I'd spent most of my morning explaining to my very rich and aloof client that as his lawyer, some of the processes he requested were in direct violation of a strict code of ethics that I swore to adhere to or face possible disbarment. I explained to him how the litigations process worked and assured him that I would be at his side during any and all interrogations.

My cell phone rang, as I reached for the device, I accidentally knocked over my cold cup of coffee.

"Shit." I snapped, quickly wiping away my client's wet file, I grabbed my cellular just before it got soaked too.

"Hello," I growled into my phone.

"Well don't you sound pleasant?" My free-spirited friend's voice chirped on the other end.

"Sorry MG, today hasn't been going so great." I sighed heavily. I love Maggie Greene, my best friend of 15 years, but the girl has no idea how hard it is to be me.

"That's because you work too much Chonne." She responded boldly, "You never take a day off...or go on vacation...I'd be a hot mess if I didn't take a break sometimes."

"There is no break when you do what I do."

"Oh yes there is." Her voice was full of enthusiasm. "It is your birthday and you need to enjoy it. Come have a happy hour drink with me." She giggled mischievously, "I have a surprise for you."

I sighed again; I'd forgotten my own birthday. Still, I have legal files to prepare tonight. But Goddamn...It's MY birthday for crying out loud! And MG is right, I deserve a break... I'll just make it a very brief one.

"Fine," I relented, "I'll see you at Lew's Bar for happy hour."

Maggie let out an excited squeal and hung up.

I chuckled and got back to work.

Several Hours Later...

At our favorite casual dive, we ordered the usual refreshing Mojitos, mouthwatering prosciutto, lobster bites, and Queso Dip.

Not a second after the waiter leaves, we began discussing the latest gossip about our friends and peers. Maggie works for an investment firm and she seems to know a copious amount of scandalous dirt on all her coworker's personal lives.

"Shane and Lori have only been married for two years and he's already screwing around with Andrea."

I didn't know Shane or Lori, but Andrea Harrison and I worked on a discrimination case together a few years ago.

Without warning a few waiters, waitresses and the owner Henry Lew approached our table with an enormous chocolate cupcake, adorned with a single red candle.

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MICHONNE- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!'

They all sang loud (Maggie was the loudest) and off-key and after thoroughly embarrassing me, I graciously thanked them all. And about two hours and several cocktails later, I am ready to go.