Believe A Little Bit Longer

Rated: PG-13

Based on: Season 6 Episode 12 Not Tomorrow Yet (with what I wanted to happen in between)

Song: Paper Thin by Lianne La Havas

Paper-thin

God only knows the pain you're in

But the future's bright

You've got God on your side, He's listening

Love yourself

Or else you can't love no one else

I know your pain is real

But you won't let it heal

Paper-thin

If you're trying to lose, you'll never win

It's your life

But you're not the only one who's suffering

That's enough, I know you're made of better stuff, baby

You gotta roam free, please

Don't forget about me

Oh, give me the other key

Oh, your heart's wide open

There must be another key

Left your heart wide open

Just give me the other key

Your heart is an open door

So let me love you

I just wanna love you

Paper-thin

You understand the pain I'm in

Slipping in and out

Of such confidence

And overwhelming doubt

But if I love myself

I know I can't be no...

Michonne POV

We stared at each other in an odd way, as if it were a silent argument. Our glances battled each other until I could not stand it anymore, "You're not thinking this through, we cannot go in guns blazing, killing people while they sleep to form an alliance."

"I've already laid out the plan, we can't sit back and look intimidating and hope it works, Morgan hasn't got a clue, those people nearly killed Sasha, Abraham, and Daryl, and it would only be a matter of time before they find us. We're going in, ambushing them, and killing them all," There was a moment, just a fraction of a second when his face showed puzzlement, I raised my hand to steady his face, to make him look right at me.

"Rick..."

"Chonne," He leans in, so my forehead rest against him, "I negotiated the deal I have to see it through, I'd like for you to take a perimeter position keep watch." His heart shines through, the darkness of his emotions and his mind is powerful and it will devote itself to finding a way forward.

"Rick," I say barely more than a whisper, "This group uses murder and brutality to coerce other communities into providing a steady stream of food and goods, not to mention they have massive numbers, four outposts over three hundred members; We don't need to give them a justifiable reason to come after us." I close my eyes and so does he, both our breaths are shaking.