Reunited

Song: Reunited By Peaches and Herb

Reunited and it feels so good...

Reunited 'cause we understood...

There's one perfect fit...

And, sugar, this one is it...

We both are so excited 'cause we're reunited, hey, hey...

Rated X

RICK POV

I did it without thinkin'. Without permission, I kissed her. I startled her. I floored myself. It wasn't a regular kiss. I planted a good, wet-tongue, passion-filled one on her. GOD!

She felt better than I'd ever imagined she'd feel like. Her softness took my breath away. I can admit, I got a little weak in the knees. A minute and a half had passed before I needed air and had to unlock my lips. I can't believe I kissed a woman who carries a sword and knows how to kill you quickly. She looked shocked for a moment, it quickly melted into her sexy, dangerous, signature scowl, but that quickly faded and her beautiful, megawatt smile emerged.

Damn, she has a really pretty smile.

From my hairline to the neck, my face was tomato red. Her big brown eyes just gleamed at me. "I missed you too," She said to me, and those toned arms gently wrapped around my aching neck, while she pressed her soft body close to mine. Does she even know how tempting she is? I wanted to kiss her again. But I didn't press my luck. I figured she allowed me to kiss her due to all the excitement of our reunion. Besides, we both needed a moment to digest it all.

We'd all been through so much. But even in these tough times, good things can happen. After all, she found us and we're more than thankful for that. Carl was beyond happy to see her again. With her around, I don't have to worry so much about him or anything else for that matter. With her, I didn't have to carry the entire burden. Now that she's back, everything will be better. She's my partner and together, we make a good team.

"How are you holding up?"She asked him, her voice full of concern while pulling him into our arms; now we are all hugging each other. Carl's entire world lit up and he smiled so big at her. Something, I hadn't seen since the last time she returned to us, we always hate when something, anything takes her away from us.

"Pretty good" Carl fibbed; unless he thought his old man almost dying on the couch was 'pretty good. Honestly, we've had a rough time out here on our own.

"Good." She said, taking a look around and appraising us, she knew he wasn't being totally honest, but understood why. She knows that now that she's back, everything will be better.

We didn't have much daylight left, so we started our task. We scavenged for food, Carl found the largest can of chocolate pudding I'd ever seen, Michonne found a box of crackers and granola bars and I procured the best part of the meal deviled ham. We lit a few candles boiled some water and settled in at sunset. In the glow of the candlelight, we mourned our losses and reminisced about the world that does not exist anymore.

It was well into the night and after so long Carl had fallen asleep. She lay close beside him, just as she does when we are exposed to little or no shelter. She'd nod off only to jump awake at the slightest sound.

"Chonne, go rest, I'd be up for a while."

She agreed, grabbed a pillow, and covered herself with a blanket.

I left the slumber party so that I could tend to my wounds. I was just a stone's throw away in the next room, I didn't want to disturb them as I ripped and replaced bandages. Despite my discomfort and vulnerable state, I still had a sharp ear out for any sounds of danger. I'd taken the last blood-soaked bandage off my hand when she popped her head into the entrance.