In Mint Condition

"Yes, you can." He'd said to me.

His voice was like the magma chamber of a volcano, deep, but filled entirely with the molten rock. His voice could be powerful enough to make your bones feel like they were vibrating. When Rick Grimes spoke, everyone would turn, whether they knew him or not.

His long fingers ran through his deep, wavy, coal colored hair, which shifted back into place once his hand had gone past. The light coming from my office window made it sheen to a shade of melting dark chocolate and his slightly tanned skin glowed, making his stubble covered chin seem darker. Rick has strong arched brows and high cheekbones, perfectly accentuating his face, his eyelashes are so thick, I think it's illegal.

God...why does Rick have to be so devilishly handsome.

"I can.," I said, it was not a question; although my tone must have indicated so because he nodded, his head slightly tilted, his lips slightly parted.

No words needed to be said but I'd make him say them anyway.

"...Rick... I really need to know what's on your mind..."

"You Michonne, baby, you're always on my mind."

That is not what I'd thought he'd say when he strolled in, and I'm certainly not going to object. He spoke as if he controlled the world, his experience seeping through. His voice was just so deep, so full...He had that rich, silky tone. Utterly speechless, I stared deep into his ocean blue eyes...his eyes- they were deep and catastrophic, a vivid baby blue as a great body of water that softly melted into a sea green. This close, I could see the tiny flecks of silver.

I cupped his cheek that was slowly turning red.

My other hand was shaking slightly, my mind was repeating the same sentence over and over, don't do this... don't do this.' But the sound of my heart was beating so loudly I couldn't concentrate. It felt like it was going to explode.

"Rick...I-we..." I still couldn't form any words, so I smiled at him, a small smile played on his lips too.

"Have you ever thought about me?" He asked the question smoothly, the baritone of his voice reverberating through the low comforting rumble, his full pink lips were pressed firmly together in a flustered expression.

My entire body heated to the richness of his tone – so luxurious and warm.

"Of course, but we're colleagues...this could change everything."

There are days I wonder if my mind is an engine or an exhaust. Am I the master of what I think or are my ideas the result of deep thinking?

Either way, I made a vow never to make choices that matter when I am feeling afraid, perhaps then my life can make a turn for the better.

"It will change...for the better. Are you going to let the change in our environment dictate our happiness?"

He had a point.

We peered deep into each other's eyes and I swallowed and held my breath; my cheeks blushed hotly and I glanced back up into his captivating gaze.

His eyes search mine and he leaned into me, his lips drawing near, my lips parting to receive them. He stopped a mere inch away, his eyes drift down to my lips as though he was savoring the moment.

And then he kissed me.

I was completely unprepared. You would think that after all the hours I'd spent with Rick - watching him talk, laugh and frown - that I would know all there was to know about his lips. But I hadn't imagined how warm they would feel pressed up against my own.

His kiss was soft and slow and he tasted like November, like hot chocolate on stormy evenings and crisp autumn air. His lips were warm and tasted of mint; he had obviously been chewing gum earlier.

His hands were wrapped around my waist and mine locked around his neck pulling him down slightly. When we broke apart for air, I rested my forehead against his and gathered some much-needed oxygen.

His smirk told me everything and I smiled back, sinking into his hold.

Unexpectedly, his hand drifted to my hip. It settled there and pulled me closer.

I inhaled sharply.

Sparks flew in every direction, and the world was slowly disappearing around us, along with all of our worries, our troubles, and our problems. Rick made me feel like none of the bullshit mattered.

The kiss obliterated every thought.

For the first time in forever, my chaotic mind was locked into the present. The worries of what our colleges would think evaporated like a summer shower onto a hot car.

Rick had become drunk on endorphin's his only desire was to touch me more. He moved his hands under my smooth layers of my blouse and he let a low moan at the feel of my perfect softness. His fingers gently ran up and down my spine, coaxing shivers out of me.

The heat seemed to travel through my veins, warming me; I felt a rush of euphoric bliss envelop me, making my heart sing with pure joy. My eyes had fluttered shut and in the darkness, I saw lights exploding.

He savored my lips and the quickening of his breath matched my own. A kiss like that was a beginning, a promise of so much more.

Completely breathless we pulled apart for air.

He drew back and spent a moment studying my face, holding me gently while cupping my face with one hand. I gazed at him, thrilled beyond words to be the recipient of his affection. I watched on breathlessly as his eyes studied mine with silent intensity.

His warm breath ghosted across my face. The swirls of emotion I saw there made me gasp. Pure unadulterated lust and desire.

I felt my blush deepen under his scrutiny.

"So what do you say?"

"I can't deny, this is really exciting."

I felt like I was flying, it was scary and amazing all at the same time.

"I've dreamed of kissing you; my dreams can't compare to the real thing."

"So what is this Rick...what are we doing?"

"Whatever you want to do, I'm yours, it's been that way from day one." He dipped his head shyly, his eyes dropped and he looked at me through his eyelashes.

He was vulnerable as a little boy lost in the woods, he needed me to help him find his way. I needed him at my side on this journey.

"I'm yours..." I said this time I was certain my tone was clear as a bright sunny day.

He looked up at me in triumph, his blue eyes dove into me and he gulped.

"Can I take you to dinner tonight?" He asked while clearing his throat. I was surprised he held his gaze.

"I'd like that." I held back the grin that was threatening to emerge.

He leaned down, resting his forehead against mine, in moments his soft caress had become more firm.

"It'll be a late dinner, I have all of your case files to attend too." He huffed teasingly.

"Serves you right party boy...besides if you weren't doing the paperwork, who do you think would be here late at night working instead?" My eyebrow arched in amused irritation.

Rick gazed at me lovingly, his eyes softening with tenderness before sparking with something else. He tilted my head to the side and kissed me again, his lips hot and demanding. I felt a smoldering heat deep within as Rick's grip tightened, crushing my body to his.

He slanted his head further, deepening the kiss.

This changes everything.

I'm fully aware of the risk, the consequences...But the way I feel right now, it doesn't matter.