Pussy Wars

A/N: Pt.2 of Pretty Kitty

Rated PG

*****

"This dinner was fantastic," Rick said with a satisfied smile and then took another sip of his smooth red wine, "You're an excellent cook Chonne."

"Thank you." The dark-skinned beauty beamed. Rick was the sweetest, most attentive man she'd ever dated. In the past few weeks, the two had spent every available moment together.

"I have a surprise for you," Rick stood from his chair. "I'll be right back to help you with the dishes."

The young woman's perfectly arched brow crinkled. "Offering to help with the dishes is surprise enough."

He chuckled and excused himself from the table as Michonne watched him skip out of the dining room. From the dining room, she could hear the front porch door open and close suddenly; curiosity drew her into the foyer and she swung the door open just in time to see Rick taking the last step onto the porch, in his arms was a cardboard box.

"Yeeeeoww..." a high-pitched mew came from the little box. She leaned over, peering in; inside the blanket-lined box was a kitten.

"Her name is Michonne."

The lovely woman's heart fluttered inside her chest as she let out an audible gasp, her big doe eyes peered joyfully at the little black feline with white paws as it strumbled around on the periwinkle blanket.

"She was the smallest in the litter; that didn't stop her from climbing over two larger cats, claiming a spot at the bowl of Meow Mix."

"Aww, Rick..." She took in a deep breath, amazement didn't quite cover it. She felt like someone just took her spark of wonder and poured on kerosene. "...Why did you name her Michonne?"

"The moment I saw her, I knew I wanted her...I wanted to take care of her...To love her..."

"Love her..." She repeated, the smile she showed on the outside didn't adequately reflect what she felt inside; it was as if every neuron of her brain was trying to fire in both directions at once - the best kind of paralysis. It wasn't entirely what he said though, his words were like vanilla pudding, sweet in their ordinary sort of way, and it was the richness of his tones – luxurious and warm.

He saw the shock register on her face before she could hide it. A small smile played on his lips, and he gently placed the box on the porch swing. At that moment something took hold of her and the next thing she knew, she had slammed her lips into him, nearly knocking all wind from his lungs.

Rick hardly had a moment to react before he pressed his tongue to the seam of her lips and, at her grant of access, delved inside her sweet mouth. It was a very sloppy kiss with the strong scent of the wine being exchanged in the intermingling of billowing breaths. Her arms reached up and tangled around his thick, curly hair. In an instant she had pulled away and arched up into his broad chest, moaning in the contact of body heat against her own, before she drew back into his lips.

Unexpectedly, his hand drifted from her hips to her ass. It settled there and pulled her closer. He let out a groan, unbelieving at how soft, warm, and fragrant she was. She inhaled sharply; she was against his warm chest, chiseled to perfection. She splayed her hand against it, intending to push him away, but instead, she left it there. His breathing quickened as did hers. He began nuzzling her neck with delicate kisses. So faint, they were whispers. She urged herself to push away, but couldn't. Her limp body began to tremble uncontrollably.

"Come back inside." Michonne rasped; their breaths still mingled.

Rick nodded as he reluctantly pulled away from the most sensual woman he'd ever met. He picked up the box and Michonne led him to the kitchen. From the cupboard, she grabbed a can of cat food and two small bowls.

"Come here, Rick..." She called out while making direct contact with the handsome man. The Sheriff beamed back at the beautiful woman; finally, he thought to himself and he set the box down at Michonne's feet.

"Meeeeoooow"... Both heads turn at the sound of the tomcat's baritone mew. The fluffy white feline, strolled in as if he owned the room, briefly glancing at Michonne, then Rick. He strolled past the two to his bowl and began chowing down on his food.

"Why did you name him Rick?" He asked watching her as she remained leaning forward, petting both cats.

"He chose me... out of all the houses he could have shown up at, he came here; he makes me smile with his self-assured confidence, charm, and good looks...Seriously Rick, you and this cat are practically one and the same."

Rick let out a hearty chuckle, "If that's the case, can I curl up in your bed tonight?"

"Can you keep your paws to yourself?"

"There's no way in hell I couldn't touch you and you know it."

Michonne chuckled, "Look..."

Rick tore his eyes from Michonne's beautiful face to observe what she was observing.

The bigger cat was inquisitively peering into the box while the little cat stood on her tiny hind legs to meet his gaze. Their wide-set eyes locked and their little noses flared. The two cats were sniffing each other out.

Michonne couldn't let the night end just yet. She was having way too much fun.