All Because Of You

A/N: A/U - Detective Michonne Wright has an impressive record, solving major crimes for the FBI in Atlanta. But with all of her intellectual knowledge and extensive training, it never prepared her for what was happening right in front of her eyes.

Note: Check out Part II In Mint Condition 

**********

MICHONNE POV

10:30 PM Friday

Deanna casually strolled by and I briefly peered up from my laptop. "Where is everyone?" She said looking around at the empty office.

"Hmm, everyone called in," I said giving her another brief glance. "Glenn wasn't feeling well, Daryl's going to the Carrie Underwood concert, and Rick has a hot date."

"Goddamnit..."Deanna's usually cool manner shifted promptly to agitation, She looked downright irate.

"Captain...?" Now my normally causal face turns into a frown. What in the hell is going on?

"Seriously Lieutenant... you're one of the smartest women in law enforcement..."

Wow, that was nice. I don't remember ever receiving such high praises from my Captain before.

"Thanks, Captain, but I still don't..."

She cut me off in mid-sentence... "The Three Amigos are playing hooky and I want to know why," she grumbled, "They think because I've been AWOL for a couple of days I wouldn't know any better..." Deanna dug into her pocket, pulling out her cellular.

"Any better about what?" I asked, completely clueless. But now that I think back, the guys were acting a bit strange today. It is not out of the norm for Grimes to behave abnormally, that's just one of his many endearing quirks, but Rhee and Dixon are methodically level headed so...

"I'll give you a clue Detective Wright." She huffed, letting out the last syllable of my name with precise articulation. "Rhee never gets sick, Carrie Underwood's concert is next Friday and Grimes is not on a freaking date, everyone knows he's in love with you.

"What the..!" I didn't mean to say that aloud.

She glared at me dismissively, irritated by my confusion.

"Are you going to make me take back what I just said about how smart you are Michonne?" She grimaces while dialing her phone frantically. She places the phone on my desk pushing the speaker icon; the person she is dialing is not answering, so she hangs up and dials another number.

"I suppose not." I stammer. "But you said everyone knows..."

"Yes, everyone knows Rick is head over heels for you. Mayor knows, hell even Attorney General knows..." She says rolling her eyes. "Everyone..."

"Hello." A male voice answers the phone after several rings.

"Walsh - I need you to track down, my three insubordinate's..." Captain Monroe, picks up her cellular and abruptly turned and left my office, too preoccupied with chasing 'the amigos' down to really answer my questions.

I'm left with my thoughts of confusion and embarrassment. Everyone knows Rick is in love with me? My palms get all sweaty, no longer able to concentrate on work so I slam my notebook shut. The Mayor and Attorney General who've I've only met twice know? My head suddenly feels light.

How can that be when nothing has ever happened between us?

Has he told people he's in love with me? Why would he do something so stupid? He'd totally expose himself to scrutiny and skepticism, he'd lose his credibility as the badass senior detective with the unreadable demur. I'd be labeled as the rookie chick who's more of a distraction than an agent. I'd lose all credibility as a detective in this precinct and I've worked too hard at my career for this bullshit.