At Last

A/N: In celebration of the long-awaited RICHONNE SHIP! This one-shot is the extended scene of 6X10. I shall never look at a pack of breath-mints the same.

Rated - XXX

Song: At Last / Etta James

NOTE: I selected this song for so many reasons. Reason #1- I started singing the phenomenal Etta James tune as I watch Rick and Michonne become the power couple of the ZA. The other reasons are never as good as reason #1.

MICHONNE POV

I heard Rick enter the house just as I was putting Judith to sleep. Baby-doll was a little restless tonight, but she always settles down if left alone for a while. I mosey downstairs and Rick is taking up all the space on the couch as usual.

"Move." I nudge his hand.

"Hey." He leisurely sits upright.

Neither of us wanted to talk about our day and that's not necessarily a bad thing. In our life, that means there were no tragedies. It's been good for a few months now and I can certainly get used to this. He handed me a roll of mints and I laughed. I'm flattered that he thinks about me when he's away. I've found myself thinking about him more and more each day too.

When he placed the mints in my hand, his touch lingered, intertwining his fingers with mine, I felt a jolt of energy course through my entire body. I'm sure my expression displayed my surprise. His remarkable blue eye sparkled as he gazed into mine and I smiled at him, a true smile. For the first time in a long time I've allowed myself to explore this part of myself, in turn, I discovered what I wanted.

I've never been surer in all my life.

And by the way, Rick is looking at me right now, he wants this too. He didn't waste any time, he leaned over, softly kissing my lips. Our lips brushed together gently at first, the shyness of our kiss was almost comical. I supposed our mutual, trust respect, and admiration were the cause. This was the moment we took our love to the next level.

"Mmhmmm..." the way he purred took me by surprise and I giggled.

Almost instantly I was flat on my back, with gorgeous Rick hovering over me. His lithe body pressed against mine every inch of him precisely aligned with mine. It truly felt like we were exchanging electrical currents, he moaned when I raised my hips to meet his evident arousal.

My breath hitched as I felt the size of him, grazing my aching sexy through my pants.

"I need you Michonne." My name fell from his lips like a prayer, his mouth barely leaving mine to speak.

Our hands roamed each other's bodies, unhurried, relishing in just feeling. Our kisses continued endlessly through our breathing, eventually growing into quick pants in our growing desire. His skilled tongue caresses my bottom lip requesting access, which I granted.

"Rick," I was barely able to speak, "we need to go upstairs."

We made our way to my room; his eyes were feral with desire when he ordered me to undress him.

I felt a longing I didn't know I possessed. I let my fingers explore him. His adorable ass, back around to his toned stomach, up to his manly chest. His fingers pressed firmly against my skin and he snaked his hands beneath my bra, his stubble tickled as he nibbled at the straps. Our mouths barely left one another as we worked to get each other naked. He groaned like an animal as he divested me of my clothes. He took his time, slowly peeling every piece of cloth from my body, through the pleasure I felt as his fingertips grazed my hardened nipples. Leaving a trail of gooseflesh in their wake.