Be My Forever

Quote: "Love seeks not itself to please, nor for itself has any care, but for another gives its ease, and builds a Heaven in Hell's despair." William Blake

️Rated PG

MICHONNE

The towering peaks of jagged stone donned a vivid red, purplish hue in the light of the setting sun. Spreading down and turning much of the valley below into a warm blanket of dark green trees.

I closed my eyes and listened to the dull murmur of the breeze rustling through the pines.

We are safe high in the isolated mountains. For three years now, we've been living.

 Actually living, not just surviving.

 No murderers, no sicknesses, no starvation, and best of all no walkers.

❤❤❤ 

I can't believe I'm agreeing to this," Michonne grumbled, the reluctance more than evident in her tone.

Rick chuckled dryly. "Hey, you were the one who asked. Besides, you want to look like you at least know what you're doing at Maggie's wedding, right?"

At the mention of her best friend's name, her lips curved into a fond smile.

He smiled and drew her close, his hand coming to rest on her waist while his other arm wrapped around her back.

"Ready?"

"As I'll ever be," she inhaled deeply to calm the butterflies that were fluttering around in her stomach.

He tilted his head, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "You sure?"

"Just teach me how to waltz already!"

His answer was a bright laugh before he began to show her the steps to the waltz.

Rick's patience with her was one of the many reasons that Michonne loved him so much.

Though she spent most of the lesson stumbling or stepping on his feet, he never once grew cross with her.

In fact, he seemed utterly delighted at the prospect of teaching her something for once.

"You're enjoying this far too much," she chided when he carefully twirled her around in a pirouette before pulling her back into his arms.

"Can you blame me? I have you all to myself and entirely at my mercy," he teased, tugging her as close as possible so that their bodies were intimately pressed together.

Her heart started beating wildly in her chest. "Really now..?"

"Mmm. It's a nice change of pace."

"Well don't get too used to it," she muttered, the way she was fighting back a smile suggested that she didn't really mind.

Rick smirked and then startled his partner by dipping her.

The surprised yelp that she uttered was almost immediately cut off by his mouth claiming hers.

She sighed quietly, her fingers coming up to thread through the dark curls of his hair as he punctuated his affection with playful nips and teases.

When they finally pulled away from one another and were standing again, her chest was heaving as she struggled to regain her senses and he looked ready to cut the lesson short so he could make love to her all night instead.

Michonne mock-glared at him. "That was entirely unfair. I've completely lost my train of thought."

He ducked his head to brush his lips over her throat. "Well, that wasn't my intention."

Rick's kisses were by far the most intoxicating she'd ever experienced and this one was no exception; setting her senses whirling and making the most pleasant shiver ease its way up her spine.

A slow, sensual-sounding song began to play on the small record player, enhancing the mood as he found her lips again, kissing her fiercely as he maneuvered them over to the couch.

Her fingers went to work, divesting him of his shirt in record time as he worked on getting her out of her blouse, hands wandering over dark smooth skin as it was revealed.

Soon, clothing littered the floor and they sank back together on the stacked mattresses in the bedroom of their log cabin.

Naked limbs entwined instinctively, and just as many kisses and tender touches before they were finally one.

They were equals in pretty much every sense of the word, battling for dominance as they moved in time until nothing else remained except for the pleasure they shared.

Hours passed as the couple devoted themselves to one another, and eventually, they ended up on the floor.

Michonne swore that it was his fault but Rick insisted that she had been the one to miscalculate and send them tumbling off the edge of the mattress.

Either way, it had ended in joyous laughter.

Sated and content, they were still wrapped up in each other's arms long after their shared passion had faded.

Michonne curled as close as possible, her lean mahogany legs tangling with his pale ones as she tilted her chin up and kissed him sweetly.

Rick smiled and gladly returned the kiss, his fingers sweeping a few of her thick braids away.

They embraced ardently for a few moments, and then took the time to re-situate themselves so they could cuddle properly.

He took great pride in the fact that she liked to bask in the afterglow this way: encased in his arms, her head resting on his chest as she traced invisible patterns over his bare skin.

She tilted her chin in order to gaze up at him, noting privately that he looked especially handsome with his dark hair mussed and falling into his eyes.

He was quick to notice her staring, and a smug expression crossed his face. "You admiring me again, baby?"

She slapped half-heartedly at his chest. "Stop it. We were supposed to be dancing and look where we ended up. I can't trust you with anything."

He chuckled from low in his throat. "I didn't hear you complaining."

She glared and then purposely sucked on his shoulder. "Zip it, Rick."

He hissed when her teeth sunk in. "And now you're marking me as your own."

"Well you are mine," she muttered, settling so that her head was pillowed in the crook of his shoulder.

He knew better than to argue, especially when it was the truth, so he just gathered her as close as possible and touched his lips to her forehead.

Michonne smiled and closed her eyes, listening to the soft strains of music mixed with the beat of her lover's heart.

Their lessons will have to continue later.