The Pleasure Is All Mine

A/N: This is the sequel to Beautiful Stranger ...If you haven't read it...what the hell are you waiting for? 

Song: Wicked Game By Chris Isaak

Rated PG-13

*****

MICHONNE'S POV

I could've stayed at my old place, but I wanted a new start. There were more bad memories than good in my old apartment and I vowed to move on with my life. Besides, I'm much closer to the office now, I could practically walk there, especially on a day like this. The 'two guys and a truck' had moved everything I trusted them with and I now had the sole task of moving my delicate family vestiges. These items consisted of my father's deluxe oak-finished incased veteran's flag, my mother's coffee table with a display case of rare silver coin collection, and my priceless katana sheath, cases, plaques, mounts, and hangars.

I opened the trunk of my car, digging in and carefully pulling out one of my plaques when I heard his voice. I was almost finished moving into my new apartment on that cool summer afternoon when the unexpected happened.

"Excuse me, ma'am." The voice coming from behind me is deep and soothing. I turned to see who was approaching me. I did a double take, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. If my hands were not full, I would have pinched myself, scratched that, rubbed my eyes, and pinched myself.

But this wasn't a dream.

There he was, walking across the parking lot, looking like something out of a romance novel. His gait was smooth and steady in his form-fitting blue jeans. He wore a body-hugging brown t-shirt that made those big baby blues pop. He approached, standing so close I could smell his cologne.

"I just moved in next door." He says with a raspy baritone voice.

No-Freaking-Way!

I stared at him unblinkingly for several moments, still in awe of his presence. I'm sure I looked positively stunned.

"Do you need any help?" He asks with the most captivating smile I'd ever seen.

I stutter out. "Yeah, uh, yeah, I'm just moving in too." Duh...that's obvious, but I didn't really know what else to say to him.

"Here let me get that." He says, reaching for my two fencing plaques.

"Thank you," I stutter again, then reach into the trunk to collect my father's flag case, some mounts, and hangars. I realize it would be a two-person job getting the glass table up three flights of stairs, Maggie helped me get it into the car yesterday.

"No problem," he says, his eyes beamed like stars flaunted in the night sky. "I just moved into apartment 1B yesterday."

"You live two floors downstairs from me, I'm in 3B," I say, letting out a satisfied breath. I was proud of myself; I was able to respond in a coherent sentence that time. What I really want to ask is if he remembers me. He could have been drunk and forgotten all about me and that night altogether.

But I was too bashful to ask.

"Pleasure to meet you, neighbor, I'm Rick Grimes." He says.

Christ, even his name is sexy! And the way he said his name, it just rolled off his tongue, with that smooth, southern drawl. Does he even realize how appealing he is?

"Pleasure to meet you, Rick Grimes, I'm Michonne Winters," I respond.

Now if only he'd give me some hint that he recognizes me. But how in the hell would I respond to that? Yeah, I'm the dancing exhibitionist from Club XS.