Chapter 7

In a cafe, friends Win, Saint, and Type were together, accompanying Saint for his weekly check-up. Zee couldn't be with her because of an urgent meeting. While chatting, Type suddenly became restless, searching for something in his bag.

"What's the problem? What are you looking for there?" Saint asked.

"The, uh, my clip. It's missing," Type answered irritably as he took out his belongings one by one.

"Is it the one with the sunflower design, your favorite?" Win asked.

"What else? He can't relax if that clip isn't securing his smooth, long hair," Win teased.

"It's right here. Sigh," Type said irritably.

"Well, why don't you just buy a new one, buddy? I'm sure you--" Win was interrupted by Type.

"NO! That's the only memory I have of my parents. It can't disappear," Type raised his voice suddenly, surprising both of his friends.

"O-o-okay, Type. Chill. You don't need to shout, okay? You'll find it, hehe," Saint tried to calm him down.

"I'm sorry. It's just important to me. Sorry," Win apologized, realizing the significance of the clip to Type.

"So-sorry, Win. Saint.. I-I'm just. Urrgh. I don't know what I'm feeling right now. I'm irritated. I want to eat something, but I don't know what. I'm craving, but I don't know for what. Damn it," Type said, taking a sip of his ice coffee.

The two friends were surprised because they knew Type didn't drink coffee to avoid sleeplessness. He needed rest due to his busy work as a secretary for a famous CEO in the country.

"Hey, buddy, don't get me wrong, but we all know you don't drink coffee. You said it keeps you awake. So why did you order that?" Win asked curiously.

"I don't know. I feel like ordering it," Type replied, taking a bite of cake.

"And another thing, we all know you're not into sweets, but everything you ordered is sweet. Plus, you've been eating mangoes since we left the hospital," Saint said, her concern evident. Type understood what his friends were implying and started feeling scared and anxious.

"No, I'm not pregnant, okay? Just chill. I just want to try some foods I don't usually like. Okay? Just erase those freaking thoughts of yours," Type said, shaking his head.

"But buddy, what if... I'm saying this not to scare you, but you should go for a check-up. We're also concerned about what we're seeing. You've been like this since last week. All your food choices are weird," Saint said.

"Chicken dipped in ice cream, mango in sauce, spaghetti with rice, worst of all, cake with ketchup? Really, Type Thiwat Pawattakun?" Win added.

"Did you know if Tharn finished came  you inside or not?" Type shook, Win raising an eyebrow.

Type didn't know what to do. He felt scared and anxious. What if what his friends were saying was true? What if the one-night stand he had with his boss Tharn resulted in a pregnancy? What about the baby? He couldn't let Tharn know because Tharn was getting married soon. He didn't want to ruin the relationship. He also didn't want the baby to grow up without a father. What should he do? He didn't have any family to rely on since they've been gone for a long time. Lost in his thoughts, he didn't realize that he was already crying.

"Hey, buddy, don't cry, okay? Whatever your worries are, we're here to support and help you, okay? Stop crying," Win and Saint hugged Type. This made him cry even more.