Chapter 16

Type's POV:

Art is in the office every day. We can't move freely, especially me. He's always watching my every move, as if he's monitoring everything I do. It's as if he's even keeping an eye on when I go to the bathroom. Jesskeee, I can't handle it. There's just too much to do. I also have to prepare emails, appointments, and meetings, not to mention the piles of paperwork that need to be submitted for the new project scheduled for next month, which needs to be finalized. And then there's Sir Tharn's hot-headedness. He was like this the other day when all the submitted papers were rejected. Even Mom and Dad couldn't talk to him, so they just left him alone. I'm avoiding him too, partly because of Art, who acts as if he's competing for candy, tsssk. Even my little bean seems to want to compete in terms of how much he wants to eat, including strange cravings like cakes with ketchup. Hays... the weirdness of my cravings. But because it's what my little bean wants, he gets it, and I eat it.

Some of my coworkers, especially Cooheart, Fluke, and Bow, have also noticed that I'm one of the company's gossips. They've been asking about the father. Yeah, I told them I was pregnant, but they promised not to say anything, or else I'd resign. Yes, you heard that right. I have a plan to resign before my belly gets any bigger. I know Sir Tharn is suspicious, but I still have to hide it. He once asked me, but I refused.

"Type."

"Yes, Sir?" I still couldn't look directly at him.

"Can I talk to you?"

"Aren't we talking already, sir?"

"I mean, is there a problem between us?" He looked at me seriously.

"There's no problem, sir. Why do you ask?" I still couldn't look at him directly.

"Are you avoiding me?"

"Why would I do that?"

"Maybe I did something to you that I'm not aware of. Just let me know what it is. I feel like you're angry with me." I'm pregnant with your child, for heaven's sake. Of course, I didn't say that out loud, just kept it to myself.

"There's really no problem, sir. How did you even come up with that?"

"Because of your cold treatment towards me, I guess." Finally, I looked at him.

"How are you and your boyfriend doing?" He suddenly asked.

"W-well, sir, we're okay. We still love each other," I nervously lied. It was clear he didn't believe me.

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Are you feeling better?" He added.

"I'm fine, sir. Can you please get straight to the point with whatever you want to ask? I still have a lot of work to finish." I said irritably. It's taking too long, and I'm getting impatient. Damn.

"Ar-are you pregnant?" He stuttered, and I became alarmed. I didn't know how to respond. He was still looking at me, but I couldn't read him.

"Uh...um... I didn't get to finish what I was saying," but my business phone suddenly rang. I quickly answered it.

"Hello, sir? Yes, sir. I'm here. Okay. Bye," I answered the call on the other line. Sir Tharn just stared at me.

"Sir, Zee called. He said you should answer his call. It seems urgent," I informed him. He immediately looked at his phone. Thank goodness it was on silent, and his question was interrupted. I didn't know what to say to him. He quickly stood up and sent me home early. I don't know why he was in such a hurry, but I was happy about it. I can finally get some long overdue sleep.

--------------------

Tharn's POV: