1: getō shinoa

THE GETŌ FAMILY

     THE GETŌ FAMILY...

     consisted of the twins: getō suguru and getō shinoa, alongside their mother (pyua) and father (daiji).

     though what made the getō family special was that their son was a curse manipulator — or rather a demon exorcist.

     in truth, everybody could see these curses that they referred to as demons.

     although the majority of the population didn't know how or when they started appearing, all they knew was that there were certain people that were blessed with powers to protect them.

     the three most famous clans that's worshipped by the normal humans are the gojō clan, zen'in clan, and kamo clan.

     of course there are others as well, such as the inumaki clan, and certain individuals like getō suguru, nanami kento, haibara yū, and more.

     nevertheless, they are all highly valued by the people, resulting in those clans to basically sit side by side alongside the shogunate's most trusted subordinates.

     and of course, there were others who weren't blessed with a technique. for example, getō shinoa, who was unfortunately doomed with blindness since birth.

     though their parents never vocally voiced it, they all knew that shinoa was more of a burden compared to suguru.

     that was okay though, because as long as they had suguru to secure their status, nothing else mattered.

     "hanami, where do you think we should go for today?", shinoa questioned, as she prepared her usual basket of supplies that she had hanami — a curse that she saved years ago — carry.

     "perhaps the east of the village. we already planted flowers at the west yesterday", hanami stated, as he extended his right arm out for shinoa to grab onto.

     "you're right! let's hurry so that we can make it back for dinner time. I heard from the maids that suguru's coming back today, and I want to make sure that I'm on time to greet him", shinoa smiled.

     hanami didn't reply, as he simply led the girl outside through the back door, so that people wouldn't gossip about the two, even though they already do.

     if it weren't for the fact that suguru was keeping the villagers safe, hanami was positive that he would've been attacked, and shinoa would've been shamed for housing a curse, much less befriending one.

     "hanami, may you describe the weather to me today?", shinoa asked, as the nineteen year-old loved hearing descriptions about anything and everything.

"it's sunny and light. there's some clouds that look fluffy. the breeze is gentle, and it's perfect for planting poppies", hanami answered.