16: murder on the mind

"WHAT'S YOUR TYPE?"

    "WHAT'S YOUR TYPE?"...

tsukumo yuki — another special grade sorcerer who was rarely around — had a habit of asking men what their type was.

suguru was not in the mood to be answering such foolish questions, but thankfully haibara was there to diffuse the tension.

     "she means no harm. it's just her thing", he cheerfully stated before leaving for his mission.

     the two sat beside each other, engaging in small talk as tsukumo awaited for gojō's return with young fushiguro.

     "so you've never heard of me?", tsukumo pouted.

"you mean the no-good special grade who doesn't take on any missions, and just bums around traveling?", suguru brutally roasted.

"I hate how the higher ups label me", tsukumo huffed, playfully sulking.

"just kidding~ but I'm not lying when I say we don't see eye to eye. what they do is treat symptoms, and what I want is to get to the root cause", the blonde woman stated.

"the root cause?"

"I don't want to exorcise curses after they appear. I want a world where curses don't even exist", the woman sighed.

"and there's two ways to accomplish that", she said, holding up her pointer and middle fingers.

"one: eradicate cursed energy from all of humanity. two: teach humans how to control their cursed energy".

     suguru just stared, his noggins turning.

     "we could force an evolution amongst non-sorcerers. kind of like how birds grew wings; using fear and danger as a catalyst".

     'evolution...using fear and danger as a catalyst? no. there must be an easier way'.

     "but, I'm not that crazy", tsukumo lightly chuckled, leaning back against her propped up arms, as she side-glanced at the dark-haired male.

     "so, what do you think, getō?"

"I..."

'kill all the non-sorcerers', was suguru's initial thought, but then an imagine of shinoa had flashed into his mind.

"shinoa..."

"hm? what was that?", tsukumo questioned.

"I have to go. pardon me, but someone's waiting for me", suguru hastily stated, as he immediately stood up and left without wasting another moment.

the blonde woman hummed to herself, as she snorted.

"ah, I see~ so he's a siscon. no wonder he didn't answer me when I asked about his type", tsukumo mused to herself.