28: waiting game

HUMANS WERE SO EASY

HUMANS WERE SO EASY...

to predict for mahito. and exploiting them by using their emotions was even easier.

mahito even got sukuna to agree to appear in his human form, as the curse would appeal to the human woman's taste more.

     and just like that, within the next week or so, harumi had gotten used to the hierarchy of the people and curses in this household.

she especially got along with the blue-haired spirit, despite him assassinating her entire district, simply because he had put up a friendly front.

"I don't get it", harumi incidentally blurted out, as mahito was watching her lazily scrub shinoa's jūnihitoe.

since harumi came from a rich family, she never had to work a day in her life, but now it was different. now, she had to serve a woman who was probably less fortunate than her, and on top of that, she was incapacitated by her lack of eyeballs — which harumi found quite disturbing.

"don't get what?", mahito asked, as his smile slowly converted to a smirk.

     it was as if he knew what was going to happen.

     "why...how? how did...", harumi paused as she glanced around before lowering her voice.

     "how did he fall for her?"

     "what do you mean?", mahito asked, feigning innocence, even though this was exactly what he wished for to happen.

     "I mean...she's nice...and he's...not so much, but nevertheless...somehow attractive", harumi admitted.

mahito slightly chuckled.

"so what you're saying is that you wish to be in shinoa-chan's position", the curse bluntly stated.

"t-that's not what I'm saying!! I'm just...curious..."

'mhm. that's what they all say'.

"no worries~ I won't tell!! it's okay to be jealous sometimes...I mean...if you think about it, it's only enough time until sukuna gets tired of her", mahito mumbled, egging the brown-haired woman to have the notion that she could perhaps replace shinoa.

'if I replace her...then I could live without having to fear anyone! I could even become the next ruler alongside him and an endless amount of...wealth, power, status...'

harumi salivated at the thought of standing beside sukuna. it was definitely tempting.

mahito hummed to himself, as he left, for his work was done for the day.

trudging through the abode, he suddenly noticed that shinoa's bedroom door was not closed all the way, allowing him to cautiously peek through the small sliver.