27: search for hatred

AFTER TWO WEEKS OF

AFTER TWO WEEKS OF...

peaceful resting, shinoa had felt much better and gotten used to her new self without her physical eyes.

     "shinoa-chan, you're barely eating", mahito commented, as he watched the woman prod and poke at her rice.

"ah, yeah...I'm not really feeling hungry", shinoa mumbled.

"hm, really? or is something on your mind? you know you can confide in me", mahito smiled.

     shinoa solemnly sighed, as she set her chopsticks down and flopped onto her side.

"mahito, do you think I'm weak?", shinoa asked.

     "absolutely", the blue-haired curse immediately responded, causing the woman to offendedly gasp in a playful manner.

"I just don't think you're capable of doing anything bad, shinoa-chan. I mean...you apologize to the table — an inanimate object — when you stub your toe on it", mahito teased.

"okay, and? I'm just nice. it's a trait that runs in the family...", shinoa muttered.

"you know what's another trait that runs in your family? psychotic tendencies".

"I—"

"you should learn to embrace it. you cannot tell me that there wasn't at least ONE point in your life where you didn't wish to beat the shit out of someone", the curse stated, trying to bring out the more "suguru tendencies" — as mahito would jokingly call it — from the woman.

it was a part of sukuna's plan as well, for he knew the woman was too kind, too soft, too sweet.

how was she supposed to come back as a vengeful curse if she did not harbor enough hatred for anyone?

"mm...there were moments in my life that I did indeed feel frustrated and sad...but not necessarily wanting to..."

and her voice trailed off at her hesitance of repeating the curse word.

"exactly! now think back to a time like that, and tell me, who's the person that you hate the most in this world", mahito coaxed.

shinoa took a moment to relive her past nineteen years. there weren't much at the beginning, except the bitterness and jealousy she felt when suguru had left her to become a special grade sorcerer.

'but I don't hate suguru. I still love him. he's my brother...and forever will be'.

then there was her parents, the ones who weren't exactly the cause of her misery until they had married her off without allowing her to input her own thoughts.

granted, they made a deal with suguru, and he did indeed fail the mission, so was that really their fault, shinoa wondered.

and finally, just recently in her life, the appearance of naoya was where everything went to hell.