31: queen of curses

"HOW IS SHE, MY LORD?"

     uraume questioned, to which they could visibly see that the hole in shinoa's chest had healed.

"she's still unconscious, but now would be the perfect time for the eyes transplant", sukuna replied, holding the woman's wrist, as there were two black lines around each of them.

     shinoa also had matching ankle tattoos, for they were symbolic to being chained to sukuna for the rest of her life.

"but sukuna-sama, we weren't able to find..."

"just prepare me some ice and get me mahito", sukuna demanded, to which uraume had immediately complied.

within moments, mahito had arrived in the middle of a grotesque scene of sukuna pulling out his own eyeballs.

     blood oozed onto his kimono, as he gritted his teeth and clenched his fists.

careful not the rip the nerves that followed the eyeballs, sukuna finally sighed a breath of relief once he had both of his eyes in his palms.

"mahito, quit standing there like a fool and integrate my eyes as a part of her", sukuna snarled, for he had immediately regrown his eyes, making it seem as if they've never been pulled out before.

"h-hai!"

the blue-haired curse started internally panicking, because he never thought that sukuna would be so committed to finding shinoa red eyes — specifically.

now that it was his time to shine, he worried that his transfiguration may not work. praying to luck, mahito took the eyeballs and popped it into shinoa's eye sockets, hovering his hands over her lids, as he attempted to morph her soul, so that her body would accept these new eyes of hers.

once he was certain that the nerves had attached to the woman's other tissues, mahito nodded, signaling for sukuna to heal any wounds that might have been caused.

the king of curses then waved his hand over the unconscious woman's face, as he then turned his attention to mahito and uraume.

"prepare a feast and invite all the other curses", sukuna commanded.

"may I know what the celebration should be referred to as?", uraume questioned.

sukuna smirked, even though he had blood running down his face and dripping onto his collarbones.

"the welcoming of our first and only, queen of curses".

🐇🥕

     shinoa stirred awake, as her eyes fluttered open, the view before her blurry and hazy.

     'wait...'